Go Down

Topic: [Solved] Clone arduino Mega 2560 - no serial port DCcduino Mega 2560 (Read 173190 times) previous topic - next topic

Akku21

Hi,

may I ask for help? I have DCcEle MEGA 2560 board, i downloaded and installed the given driver for win7. My Hardware manager shows: USB-Serial CH340 (COM10)
I set Tools-> Port to COM10

still i cant upload anything to my board.

This is what i get: not in sync: resp=0x01 avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

Thanks in advance

regards Akku

ChilliTronix

Reboot the machine, then try running the IDE on its own and see if that works.

Akku21

Using the IDE I will get that timeout-error message I posted. Also rebooting does not help.

ChilliTronix

Have you tried the loop back test? It is at the top of the forum.

Akku21

ChilliTronix

I suspect that either you have a driver issue, (Not using the right com port possibly) or a USB cable issue...

Try a different cable, and double check which ports are available under tools->port with the board unplugged and see what is there with one plugged in. It is the new port that you should be testing.

Akku21

Hi I tried another usb cable/port still did not work. Although the same cable and port works for programming other ┬Ác using USBTinyISP. My Device manager tells me: USB-Serrial CH340 (COM10) and i choose COM10 in the dropdownmenu from the arduino IDE.

ChilliTronix

It is odd that the loopback test doesn't work.

Try contacting the vendor.

simiae

HI,

is there anybody with win7 and arduino uno ch340, who is able to use it as ISP? I had original uno, fried it (obviously), bought the clone. It worked right out of the box, no problem to upload blink. But I am unable to make it work as ISP to program attiny45. Tried CH341SER drivers, 1.6.1 version, no hlep.

avrdude: Version 6.0.1, compiled on Jan 15 2015 at 16:58:43
        Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
        Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files\Arduino/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM7
        Using Programmer              : stk500v1
        Overriding Baud Rate          : 19200
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

....etc

please help :)

milky3456

Hi guys... i really need help, i'm struggling with this... i bought arduino nano clone from e-bay and FTDI chip is CH340G. I cannot install drivers on my computer, i tried everything but still it says error code 10. I tried to disable driver enforsment, i tried 3 different drivers nothing... sometimes it installs drivers and asks me to restart my computer and i restart it and nothing.. sometimes it wont even install it, always says eroor code 10 "Device wont start" or something like that, if someone please could help me pleeeaseee :( i used this guys tutorial and drivers that are in the description.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPdSKT6KdF8
P.S. sorry for bad english i'm from Europe 

milky3456

Hi guys... i really need help, i'm struggling with this... i bought arduino nano clone from e-bay and FTDI chip is CH340G. I cannot install drivers on my computer, i tried everything but still it says error code 10. I tried to disable driver enforsment, i tried 3 different drivers nothing... sometimes it installs drivers and asks me to restart my computer and i restart it and nothing.. sometimes it wont even install it, always says eroor code 10 "Device wont start" or something like that, if someone please could help me pleeeaseee :( i used this guys tutorial and drivers that are in the description.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPdSKT6KdF8
P.S. sorry for bad english i'm from Europe  

ChilliTronix

You may have noticed that your Nano is not in fact a Mega 2560.

You need to load the CH340 drivers. They are available here.

polymorph

milky3645, you should start your own thread. You'll get a lot more help that way, help relevant to your problem.
Steve Greenfield AE7HD
Drawing Schematics: tinyurl.com/23mo9pf - tinyurl.com/o97ysyx - https://tinyurl.com/Technote8
Multitasking: forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=223286.0
gammon.com.au/blink - gammon.com.au/serial - gammon.com.au/interrupts

kelvinmead

Thank you so much! dmatyukhin

I just got several cheap DCcduino boards from China and it works on my mac.

Just to summarise. On Yosemite:

1. Install the driver http://www.wch.cn/downloads.php?name=pro&proid=178

2. Run this(Terminal):

Code: [Select]

sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1"

3. Restart
This is a perfect summary of what everyone else is saying, but for some reason its just not playing properly on my system.

i have a netbook with xp on it, have installed the ch340 drivers, and all is good, but on my yosemite machine 10.10.2 the system is just plain refusing to acknowledge the drivers. i can see the unit on the system information tab, so it has power (plus the lights shine and all)...

i think the only difference is that my 340g is a separate board plugged into my 'duino.

dizzwold

Actually, I was too quick assigning blame. It was nothing to do with the USB-serial at all, and everything to do with the capacitor on the Arduino power supply. (presumably a large current surge when plugging-in caused a rather serious problem. But it shouldn't crash the Mac surely?)
Hi. What was your fix for this problem?

Dizzwold.
I'm not a student or a lecturer. I'm a hobbyist.

Go Up