Go Down

Topic: Sending signal to another serial port from arduino using processing (Read 782 times) previous topic - next topic

abhijeetiitm

I want to send signal to an arduino mega (call it mega 1), which is wirelessly connected to another arduino mega (mega 2) using ESP8266. The mega 2 is connected to the computer. I want to send logitech gamepad F310 analog values from mega 2 to mega 1. I can take the input from gamepad using g4p & game control plus library in processing. But I can't find a way to access all the serial ports of arduino using processing. Please help me with this.

Robin2

But I can't find a way to access all the serial ports of arduino using processing. Please help me with this.
It's not clear what exactly you want to be able to do.

The normal USB connection between a PC and a Mega connects using the Mega's Serial connection.

If you want to connect to the Mega's Serial1 connection (or Serial2 or Serial3) then you need an extra USB-TTL cable connected between the PC and the relevant pins on the Mega - for example Rx1, Tx1 and GND

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

sterretje

So you have a setup like this?

Mega2 <--> ESP8266 <--> ESP8266 <--> Mega1 <--> PC

And you want to send data from the PC to Mega2?

If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Go Up