Go Down

Topic: Arduino Uno and ESC Power Source (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

ccg123

I want to power an ESC connected to a motor and an Arduino board from a single battery.

Would this be done in serial or parallel?

vertamps

Sep 11, 2014, 03:07 am Last Edit: Sep 11, 2014, 03:09 am by vertamps Reason: 1
The Arduino UNO and probably others run from an
Input Voltage recommended of 7-12Vdc
I believe the UNO has a voltage regulator on it for taking 7+volts down to 5vdc for the micro controller ic.

So a single 9volt battery powering both in parallel directly from the battery would be your answer.
As long as your motor can take 9volts dc, if your PWM the 9volts there is less of an issue for your motor.

fungus

I want to power an ESC connected to a motor and an Arduino board from a single battery.

Would this be done in serial or parallel?

That depends on the motor. How many volts/amps does it need?

Advanced Arduino

fungus

I believe the UNO has a voltage regulator on it for taking 7+volts down to 5vdc for the micro controller ic.

I believe it, too...  (and I've seen the schematic!)

Advanced Arduino

Zapro

Usually the ESC has a built-in BEC or SBEC that regulates your battery-voltage down to 5 or 6 volts.

This power goes trough the servo-lead that controls the ESC - this normally powers your radio-receiver and steering servo.

If it outputs no more than 5.5V, you can connect it to the Arduino's 5V-pin without any issues. If it is more like 6V, put a standard silicon diode (4002, 4004, 4007, not important) in series to drop about 0.7V, and then wire this to the 5V-pin.

// Per.

Go Up