Go Down

Topic: Arduino GSM robot/rover (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

lele_gricc

i was wondering, since i have been looking for a way to control my arduino from long distances (robot), i have already done the whole xbee thing and wanted even more distance. So my question is: if i have to arduinos both hooked up with a gsm shield and chips if i could use one to send the other inputs, eg, one hooked up with a button that when clicked turns a led on the other arduino.

If possible please tell me and maybe suggest a way of doing so.
Also if possible will the communication be very slow?

Thanks in advance!

PaulS

if i have to arduinos both hooked up with a gsm shield and chips if i could use one to send the other inputs, eg, one hooked up with a button that when clicked turns a led on the other arduino.

You can, though it will not be cheap, easy, or fast.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

lele_gricc

Thank oy for the reply! I agree it would no be cheap, but however if they werre both international chips, would that mean i could communicate with each other from across the world, correct?

PaulS

however if they werre both international chips, would that mean i could communicate with each other from across the world, correct?

That depends on the ability of the code to deal with changing countries and network service providers, but it is theoretically possible.

Though operating a rover you can't see seems challenging. And, expecting the Arduino or GSM shield to stream video, so you can see, is unrealistic.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

Go Up