Go Down

Topic: [Help] DC servo motor control problem (Read 945 times) previous topic - next topic

ductruong253

Sep 18, 2014, 10:55 am Last Edit: Sep 18, 2014, 03:41 pm by ductruong253 Reason: 1
Hi guys,
I've got a project: DC servo motor control using arduino (uno or mega 2560).
The problem here is I know nothing about this, please give me some how to make it work, here is the pictures of the motor and drivers
Here they are: the blue module is Adafruit Motor Shield and the red one is A3967 Easy Driver
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/phwz7k79dnzt6ug/AAB7QFIKwsUMlPROZ5iAa7K3a

I'm open to all suggestions
Thanks alot
Best Regard

Robin2

BIG PROBLEM - there is no access to those links you have posted.

To start with just post a link to the datasheet for the motor you plan to use.

I'm not clear if you are talking about a hobby servo of the sort used in flying model aircraft or the sort of expensive servo that is used in place of a stepper motor.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

ductruong253

I've fix that error, thanks for your report Robin2. And the motor is not a hobby servo because it's heavy and ... so big

Robin2

That link works now.

Pictures are no use.

Like I said in my earlier post you need to provide a link to the datasheet for the motor. That's the only way you, or any one here, can know how to interface it to an Arduino.

It looks as if it is a simple DC motor with an encoder attached. There is an encoder library that may be useful for reading the encoder and if you want bi-directional motor control you will need a h-bridge module. The motor shield should do that - but do you know what is the normal current and the stall current for the motor?

I don't immediatly see any role for a stepper driver board such as an Easydriver.

What do you want to use the motor for - a DC encoder motor may not be the most suitable option.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

ductruong253

Oh, I've missed some knowledge, and I can not find the datasheet for the motor by those letters on the motor. I'm going to learn something basic, more basic. Thanks Robin2!

MarkT

[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

ductruong253

MarkT

Often the same motor is available in different winding configurations for different
voltages - in fact its the normal state of things.  The generic part number reflects the
size and type of motor.

But its a small DC motor, they all behave similarly.  Given the nominal voltage, speed
and power you can work everything else out
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Go Up