Go Down

Topic: Website problems 25-29 Sept 2014 - authorization problem? (Read 4805 times) previous topic - next topic

Robin2

Sep 26, 2014, 11:24 am Last Edit: Sep 29, 2014, 11:08 am by Robin2 Reason: 1
Have others been experiencing problems accessing the Forum and the main website Arduino yesterday and today?

If so, why haven't the website operators been kind enough to post a message about it?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

dannable

Beginners guide to using the Seeedstudio SIM900 GPRS/GSM Shield

el_supremo

For about a month now I've been experiencing problems with occasional very sluggish response when I go to a forum page. E.g. when I have read an index page and click to return to the main forums page it can take up to a minute to respond, or it can respond immediately. Annoying.

Pete
Don't send me technical questions via Private Message.

Robin2

Maybe there is a problem peculiar to me - but other websites seem to be accessible with no problem.

Yesterday and today there have been long periods (hours ?) during which I have not been able to load any Arduino pages in Firefox or Opera - they both just sit with the "connecting" message until they get fed up. Then (like at this moment) it starts working again as normal.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

el_supremo

I haven't (usually) had hour-long delays but it does seem to be specific to the Arduino forum pages because while waiting for an Arduino page to load I can browse other sites without any delay at all. I use Firefox. Haven't tried other browsers.

Pete
Don't send me technical questions via Private Message.

Paul__B

Have others been experiencing problems accessing the Forum and the main website Arduino yesterday and today?

Nothing more than usual.

I do find different performance in general on different machines with different OS variants.  I am finding the performance of Firefox bad overall, faltering, hanging and thrashing.  I suspect as has happened (more than once) in the past, it has serious memory management problems; the fact that it works better with more than 2 gigabytes of memory is not a commendation at all, it is simply performing badly.  OTOH I have no intention of configuring an alternative browser (Chrome being the only real possibility) with all the necessary add-ons.

I haven't (usually) had hour-long delays but it does seem to be specific to the Arduino forum pages because while waiting for an Arduino page to load I can browse other sites without any delay at all. I use Firefox. Haven't tried other browsers.

Exactly.

Robin2

I've updated the title as it seems the problem arises at the authorization stage of connecting to the Forum.

I deleted cookies and then I could read the forum but it took I don't know how many attempts to get the Login to work - including temporarily switching from my 3G phone connection to a dongle.

VERY ANNOYING ...

Especially (as I have complained many times in the past) none of the people who actually manage the website take any interest.

...R

Boardburner2

Iv been having problems for a while.

Especialy with posting.
I use safari on ipad almost exclusivley.

Freezes and stalls occasionaly and i have to split posts into shortre length or go back and edit as longer posts just seem t dissapear.

Robin2

Now I've just spent a couple of hours unable to login because the browsers (Firefox, Opera and Chrome) have been telling me the Arduino https certificate is invalid.

Then Google found another link to the login page - and here I am.

REALLY FRUSTRATING   GRRRRRR

...R

Boardburner2

Have you checked that your data and time are set correctly ?

Robin2

Have you checked that your data and time are set correctly ?

If you mean the date and time in the browser - yes. It's always right - I tend to use it as my clock.

Why do you mention this point?

...R

Boardburner2

I have some  software that occasionaly requires me to reset the timer, Not exactly legal.
Mainly for file converion.
Forgetting to reset causes the certificate date to be incorrect

Robin2

It is still missbehaving. I had to dump my cookies twice this morning before I could get a login screen. Before this started happening my login remained functional for months.

One of the messages I got today was
Code: [Select]
Heroku | No such app

There is no app configured at that hostname.
Perhaps the app owner has renamed it, or you mistyped the URL.

Previously the cryptic messages referred to NGINX (IIRC) so I suspect someone is messing around under the hood - and not telling us.

...R

Boardburner2

Quit possibly , i get a similar problem on another forum , do you know who hosts this one.

Robin2

I have kept Firefox open all day today and (after the initial login problems) my access to the Forum has continued.

However a short time ago I opened another Firefox window and Googled to locate the Arduino reference page on Port Manipulation and when I tried to access the page Firefox told me it was an Untrusted Connection and the HTTPS certificate belongs to www.craftory.co rather than to id.arduino.cc

None of this timewasting nonsense was happening prior to 25 Sept.

...R

Go Up