Go Down

Topic: Unable to get FT232R drivers loaded under Windows 7 64bit (Read 188282 times) previous topic - next topic

gewrou

The supplier here, where I live, sells only genuine arduino UNO. I cannot find arduino duemilanove for obvious reasons.

My question is can the program written for the Duemilanove run correctly if I download it to Arduino UNO??

Budvar10

Program should work for both. It depends on MCU. Older Duemilanove has 168 and newer 328 same as UNO.
If same MCU (ATmega328P) you can upload hex without any change. You can put MCU from Duemilanove to UNO also.

Counterfeit FT232RL should work also. Here on forum there was a discussion about it. Search for it.
Arduino clone with ATmega1284P   http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=277260.0

longjohn119

All it takes is one slip-up or dishonest staff, anywhere in the supply chain, for counterfeits to sneak into ostensibly reputable products.

FTDI can go stuff themselves, they are even worse than the counterfeiters .... I bought a device with a chip clearly labeled FTDI on it sso I operated in Good Faith yet instead of going after the counterfeiters they just screw over the Consumer completely for something that is obviously no fault of their own?

I won't buy another device that I know has FTDI parts in it anymore because 1) I can't trust it to be genuine and 2) FTDI will punish me and not the counterfeiter if it is not genuine .... and that won't slow down the counterfeiters one bit

F*** FTDI they are no better at all than the counterfeiters .....

longjohn119

Get a genuine FTDI chip (FT232RL) from reputable vendor (mouser in USA). Find a friend with hot air rework station. Replace chip. Keep fake chip for soldering practice. That's pretty much what I did. And I now own a rework station myself.
FTDI should give me a new chip, they ruined it not me and it was NOT my fault the chip was counterfeit so why am I the only one being punished for these fakes?

I'll just pitch this in the garbage before I buy ANYTHING that has chips labeled FTDI in it or purchase one of their chips for a replacement when I didn't do anything wrong ... PERIOD ... End of story

druid442

hi guys !

to all of you who still have problems with conterfeit FTDI chips, please read my previous posts, there is a way to revive them

i highly discourage buying conterfeit stuff.

please, don't PM me, post on the forum for the entire community

have a nice day

IrOSOz

It looks like FTDI have made a change of direction.
I was conversing with a supplier about a board I bought with a fake chip and they sent me the link to the FTDI drivers and said try these.
The drivers - CDM v2.112.04 are dated 3 July 2015, only a week ago, so I gave them a try to see.

And lo and behold, my Windows 8.1 machine now recognised the chip and allocated a COM port.
I looked in the Hardware IDs and the PID still shows 0000, so they haven't changed that.

Thinking this was good news I tried to use the board, but no luck.
I did a bit of faultfinding and connected the TX and RX lines together and fired up a serial terminal.
What I found was what I received wasn't what I was sending.
Initially I thought it was some other fault until I realised that what was coming back was NON GENUINE DEVICE FOUND!
For every character I sent, the same number of characters of that message was coming back.
So if I send a 26 character test message, the full NON GENUINE DEVICE FOUND! comes back!

So the chip is still basically bricked!

The only thing I'm interested to know now is it just because my chip was reprogrammed that it still doesn't work, or will a new, non PID modified chip now work with the new drivers.
I only have one of these chips so I'll never know.
Maybe someone has a few of them and can try a fresh one.

I have a strong feeling that they will still not work.

I tend to think that not showing a fault with the COM port but still not letting the chip work will be even harder for most people to figure out.

saharmohamedali

I don't know what's going on with others. Just tried mine again (1.0.6 on Win7Pro), IDE had been open for a couple of days so I get a build folder disappeared error. Restarted the IDE, opened Blink and it downloaded fine again.
My Sony Vaio with WinVista that I used for nearly 4 years (and still use occasionally because it has many sketches on it and sometimes  I have eagle routing going on in one room while I code in another where the hardware is, but less and less as the keyboard is getting fiddly) still runs file also.
I am stumped as to others have such difficulty.
I let both computers do Windows updates automatically. Maybe that has something to do with it?

http://imgupp.com/img/1434586608.jpg

mbruck

Jul 15, 2015, 08:57 am Last Edit: Jul 15, 2015, 09:02 am by Mladen Bruck
I have both windows 7 64 bit at home and and work. 
Board with Nano v3. work at home computer and does not work at job, what ever I try to install drivers.... Even more in device manager hardware ID of device show Unknown.....
Even more, FTDI programmer won't see it connected.

Anyone can explain this?

NJFF41

To everyone who has been hitting your heads on the wall like I was!!!
These Nano boards DO NOT have the FTDI chip!!!
They are using a CH340G chip and you need a different driver.

http://www.arduined.eu/ch340g-converter-windows-7-driver-download/

Download this, install it, and remove any driver that you may have already installed as I did.
Once you remove the old driver windows may install this driver for you.
It did for 1 of 2 of these boards, I had to manually do the 2nd one myself but it works!
Probably cause I spent about an hour or so trying to force load the incorrect driver as was explained to me in another forum.
I opened Arduino and uploaded a couple programs to be sure.
Works Great!!!
Hope this helps all who are looking for the FIX!!!

Jeff

CrossRoads

These Nano boards DO NOT have the FTDI chip!!!
Then they are not Nanos, they are some clone/derivative that should not be labeled as Nano.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

antokadam

Initially I thought it was some other fault until I realised that what was coming back was NON GENUINE DEVICE FOUND!
For every character I sent, the same number of characters of that message was coming back.
So if I send a 26 character test message, the full NON GENUINE DEVICE FOUND! comes back!
I had the exact same problem but managed to repair the chip. Basically you need to go back to an old version of the FTDI driver and disable windows update for drivers. For detailed instructions see this link:

http://electropit.com/index.php/2015/09/06/arduino-nano-v3-0-clones/

Full disclosure: I'm the author of this site.

str8ahead

I suspect we're dealing with counterfeit chips that don't let Windows talk to it. Case in point, I have an XBee FTDI Explorer module and the latest VCP driver that installed on a Sparkfun XBee Explorer part with no issues. However, I also ordered a Saint Smart XBee Eplorer FTDI chip that just won't install all the way. It was a couple of dollars cheaper as I recall.
One customer at Amazon had discovered that there are a lot of Chinese 'knock-offs' that just won't install a FTDI VCP newest version with a Windows 8 and Windows 10 OS/device drivers.  
Apparently he was able to resolve the issue with the Saint Smart part by using an earlier version driver. The newest version is 2.12.2 that worked fine with the Sparkfun XBee Explorer, an authentic chip apparently.

So the solution for me is find a v2.10.1 or earlier or order a Sparkfun part and be done with it. Anyone else have a thought or info they could share? BTW, I haven't a clue where to come up with an earlier version of the driver in question.

sspence65

My Nano 3.0 (IC Station) has a PID of 6001, not 0000, but will not install. Any ideas on why it won't work? USBVIEW says:

Device Descriptor:
bcdUSB:             0x0200
bDeviceClass:         0x00
bDeviceSubClass:      0x00
bDeviceProtocol:      0x00
bMaxPacketSize0:      0x08 (8)
idVendor:           0x0403 (Future Technology Devices International Limited)
idProduct:          0x6001
bcdDevice:          0x0600
iManufacturer:        0x01
iProduct:             0x02
iSerialNumber:        0x03
bNumConfigurations:   0x01

ConnectionStatus: DeviceConnected
Current Config Value: 0x00
Device Bus Speed:     Full
Device Address:       0x01
Open Pipes:              0
Steve Spence - KK4HFJ

oswe

in my case i solved downloading the sw from china where my clone board came ch340 or something like that

Go Up