Go Down

Topic: Remembering output values and multiplexing (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

acboother

Is there a device like the 4051 for multiplexing but will 'latch' the output value you set so it holds that output after you have moved on to address another pin?

thanks
Alan

groundFungus

Do you mean to latch an analog voltage?

groundFungus

groundFungus

Digikey has them in single quantity, but they are pticey @ $16.

acboother

Digikey has them in single quantity, but they are pticey @ $16.

Ouch! Here in the UK about £10-13 plus VAT @ 20%

Must be something cheaper :|

acboother

Am I reading the spec sheets correctly?

Do these type of devices work by reading a pin and then holding  that value rather than being able to set a value onto a pin (which is what I'm after)?

groundFungus

I think they are like an analog multiplexer that sets the addressed output pin to the value of the input instead of passing it through.  You want to set an addressed pin at a voltage and hold it at that voltage?  Then a multi channel DAC is what you need?

acboother

I think they are like an analog multiplexer that sets the addressed output pin to the value of the input instead of passing it through.  You want to set an addressed pin at a voltage and hold it at that voltage?  Then a multi channel DAC is what you need?

Ok. And the terminolgy I'm looking for seems to be 'track and hold' function. Also a bit cheaper :)

Something like this  http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/302/PCF8591-56507.pdf ?

Go Up