ws2812b not working right

Hi I have a ws2812b hooked to an uno. When I send it a color that used only 1 led red green or blue it works fine but if I send it anything that uses 2 or more leds it flashes on and then back off. I can get it to glow steady by sending the command every cycle but not just one shot. I have used ws2811 leds before and they worked fine. I am using the fastLED library and only have 1 led hooked up. Any ideas?

What does your circuit look like?
What is your code?

I have used the FastLED library to control a 5m strip of WS2812B RGB LEDs, and it works great.

if you have written your own code, dont forget you need to have a 50us break after you have sent the data, this lets the device know it needs to latch the data you have sent.

The setup is just a single led on the end of some wires about 8" long I did include a resistor on the data in line as I had read that somewhere but that didn't help and there is nothing hooked to data out. I was at first writing my own code but when I couldn't get it to work I went back to some sample code in the library with the same results. Not sure if I have the break or not I will check and post back.

Sorry it took so long but the delay fixed it.
Thanks

greetings!
i am a programming baby and am having quite a tough time getting my Arduino to communicate with my LED matrix. could someone please explain how to prepare a code for a 8x32 ws2812b matrix(http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/8x32-RGB-LED-Matrix-w-WS2812B-DC-5V-p-2012.html)? i've been looking online for about 3 days for a way to complete this and i have had NO luck anywhere. in addition, i read that i would need the Adafruit Neo_Pixel library(which i have imported) and possibly FastLED. the main things i want are a few animations based on something you see in most LED matrix displays(water, chasing lights, falling lights, etc.) if you can help, please email me at makitsuotaku@gmail.com

Catch the latest FastLED branch - there are several 2d matrix examples included.

You only need to adjust the resolution, your send pin and the chipset.