Go Down

Topic: 21 DOF Humanoid - IS THIS POSSIBLE? (Read 2984 times) previous topic - next topic

simone_pri

I'm planning to create a 21 DOF Humanoid
This is what i have already bought:

Code: [Select]
21 x  MG90S 9G (servo)
2 x  74HC4017 (5-STAGE รท 10 Johnson counter)
1x OV7670 (Camera) + AL422B (FIFO)
1x HC-05 (Bluetooth)
1x IIC I2C Logic leve converter 4 channels
1x MPU-6050 (Gyroscope + Acce??lerometer)
1x ARDUINO NANO ATMEGA328

All for about 115$

My plans  were initially only to create an humanoid that could walk controlled remotely by bluetooth.
Now, my professor asked me to add also a remote camera in the project (i know is hard also to have 1-2fps sended with the bluetooth but for me is enought)

So i want to manage the 20 servos with 2 x 74HC4017 as described here:
http://rcarduino.blogspot.it/2012/08/arduino-serial-servos.html

For controlling the stability i want to use a cheap MPU-6050 simply to get the actual center of gravity of the robot.
I know also this is a heavy work for the Microcontroller.

Next, my plans provide to send the robot's command through the Bluetooth . Like ("Move UP", "Move LEFT", etc..) so simple serial command.

The hardest thing is that i also want to add a remote camera view
with a seperate PWM servo for move the camera (the head of the robot)

So if you have read all this you and you think i'm crazy...is ook ahah

I think that for a 17MHz microcontroller is toooooo work to do.

So my questions are these:
CONCEPTUAL:
1) Whit REALLY WELL OPTIMIZED CODED CODE the arduino may can handle this?
2) If NOT a second AT328 only for the camera may be help? (the first control gyroscope + accelerometer + bluetooth and the second in slave control the camera)

HARDWARE:
1) How much ampere drains 21 servos controlled serially? One servo may drain about 300-400 mA . I really need of 10A ??
2)So established what is the average drain, what type of power suorce i'll have to use? Li-Po battery?
3)I really need of a board with something like 500+MHz of CPU for all this this?

This is how the robot should look like:

And this is the sketch of the connections:

Note:
I've never done anything like this, i've never dealed with this type of system programming, but my programming skills are relatively hight.
I really appreciate any type of suggestion/changes.

Best regards,
Simone.

raschemmel

Would you like us to write the program for your humanoid robot ?
Arduino UNOs, Pro-Minis, ATMega328, ATtiny85, LCDs, MCP4162, keypads,<br />DS18B20s,74c922,nRF24L01, RS232, SD card, RC fixed wing, quadcopter

simone_pri

Would you like us to write the program for your humanoid robot ?

There isn't any code yet ahah
i'm trying to undestand if it's possible with teh arduino before start.

raschemmel

There isn't any code yet ahah 

I presume you mean:
ha ha.  There isn't any code yet 
Arduino UNOs, Pro-Minis, ATMega328, ATtiny85, LCDs, MCP4162, keypads,<br />DS18B20s,74c922,nRF24L01, RS232, SD card, RC fixed wing, quadcopter

zoomkat

21 x  MG90S 9G (servo)

9G servos probably won't be strong enough to support your robot. You should research similar robots and see what size servos they use.
Google forum search: Use Google Search box in upper right side of this page.
Why I like my 2005 Rio Yellow Honda S2000  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWjMvrkUqX0

Go Up