Go Down

Topic: Rubik's cube Robot solver (Read 157673 times) previous topic - next topic

vffgaston

@vffgaston
There is two bot versions (webcam and Android)
The algorithm to solve the cube is done by  Cube Explorer for the webcam version
for the Android version, resolution is performed on line using a dedicated web server located in Montreal, Canada (post #1)

Sure. I have seen that there is an "official" WEB
https://eu.rubiks.com/blog/how-to-solve-the-rubiks-cube
I'm not sure of the (suppossed) scope of the OP project:
If it is about robotics, it looks that he has almost solved the issue; any case I don't think that it is acceptable to -just- solve the cube by issuing orders via, say, serial monitor (I'm not joking; if the project is just about robotics he has had to build the robot and program all the movements .I wouldn't know how to do it ...).
If the program encompasses the logic, he has to implement it ...
Regards

Souli

Hi,
Perfectly (your english, I think, is more than acceptable; any case, I'm spaniard).
I was thinking on advicing you to do so (entering the cube "state" by hand, then concentrating on the problem of solving it: good idea).
Last week I watched a video on a robot solving the cube: if you have the movement problem solved (I mean, you have written and tested the routines to turn the whole cube so that it is in the position you want and to rotate the end "stage" -I dont know how to refer to the 9 small cubes that are in one top of the cube-, your problem is just the logic to solve the cube -the data inside the program to keep track of the cube state has to be a little tricky, but nothing unsolvable).
I told you to look for a book ... Have you googled for that?. Sure you can find miriads of WEBs ...
Regards

I'm going to look up on the interenet. If  I got some news I will let you know as soon as possible. thank you very much!

Souli

some pics of my school project... Hope I can finish it in 3 weeks  :smiley-confuse:  :smiley-roll-sweat:
thank you Kass btw for being  present on the forum!

kas

May 15, 2018, 10:48 am Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 10:48 am by kas
I'm not sure of the (supposed) scope of the OP project
I am the OP
For both projects (webcam, Android) the scope is to
 - scan cube
 - perform color recognition
 - get the solution
 - move the cube and solve it

@Souli
All photos are now back, should be easier to read
Have a special look at post #21
I agree with vffgaston, three weeks is very short

kas

Hi, I have read forum during those last 2 hours.
I think I will not be ready on time with my project.

I am very confused because I see all kinds of programs in the forum and I don't really know what they are for..
I have no experience in programming...
So I was very confused when I saw all those programs on the forum  :smiley-confuse:
I don't think you are ready for the complete project, especially for the Python part
I suggest to have a look at this basic Chinese clone version

vffgaston

I am the OP
Excuse me, in fact I am here a newcomer ... :smiley-confuse:

Just one question (it is pure curiosity): is it possible to program a "blind" solution once you've got the actual state (I mean, the robot does not see how the cube evolves as it moves it)?

Thanks.

Regards.

(Your knowledge on the subject is really overwelming; encycolpedic)

kas

Excuse me, in fact I am here a newcomer ... :smiley-confuse:
no problems   ;)

is it possible to program a "blind" solution once you've got the actual state (I mean, the robot does not see how the cube evolves as it moves it)?
This is a "blind" solution
Once color recognition is performed, webcam (or smartphone camera) is not used anymore for cube solving

vffgaston

This is a "blind" solution
Once color recognition is performed, webcam (or smartphone camera) is not used anymore for cube solving
Hi,
Thanks.
Such a case, the guy that intends to enter the cube initial state "by hand" is in the right way ...
I mean, if he has the routines to manipulate the cube tested, then everything he has to do is to program the algorithm, isn't it?.
Regards.

Johan_Ha

36 pages of posts!This is post #533! Any videos somewhere? I only saw one in the beginning, where the robot was a bit clumsy.

If you ask for help and write 'u' instead of 'you' because you think it's convenient, I will write 'no' instead of 'yes'. For same reasons.

ahappykid

hi kas, i already have all the parts 3d printed and i have all the servos and the bluetooth arduino board, i only need the android app so if you can send me the app i would be grateful.

And i am having a problem compiling and uploading to the board the CubeMover13_posted code, i get the exit status 1 error, i have done some research and i tried every solution i found but nothing worked.

thanks.

kas

May 16, 2018, 02:02 pm Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:13 pm by kas
hi kas, i already have all the parts 3d printed and i have all the servos and the bluetooth arduino board, i only need the android app so if you can send me the app i would be grateful.
Hi ahappykid, let me have your email via PM

And i am having a problem compiling and uploading to the board the CubeMover13_posted code, i get the exit status 1 error
Which board are you using ??
Let me have more info re this 'exit status 1 error'

@Johan_Ha
36 pages of posts!This is post #533! Any videos somewhere?
Carefully read the 36 pages, you should find some!

kas

Hi,
Thanks.
Such a case, the guy that intends to enter the cube initial state "by hand" is in the right way ...
I mean, if he has the routines to manipulate the cube tested, then everything he has to do is to program the algorithm, isn't it?.
Yes, user just enter the solution using Singmaster notation,  Arduino will 'blindly' solve the cube
He does not need to program the solving algorithm, it's built in Cube Explorer

vffgaston

May 16, 2018, 08:27 pm Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 08:27 pm by vffgaston
Yes, user just enter the solution using Singmaster notation,  Arduino will 'blindly' solve the cube
He does not need to program the solving algorithm, it's built in Cube Explorer

I have had a look to the Singmaster code ...
Curiosity again: How Singmaster notation is translated to C++?

Regards

kas

Curiosity again: How Singmaster notation is translated to C++?
That's the all purpose of CubeMover V1.3 sketch    ;)
Have a look at it

ahappykid

Which board are you using ??
Let me have more info re this 'exit status 1 error'
i am using the iteaduino bt, because of the bluetooth capability

Go Up