Go Down

Topic: Rubik's cube Robot solver (Read 157864 times) previous topic - next topic

kas

May 21, 2018, 04:49 pm Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 04:59 pm by kas
Let me have more info re this 'exit status 1 error'
Post the entire error message. 
There is more information in the message that points to the type and location of the error

I sent you the App by email

kas

I sent you the App by email
My message was returned with error code 550 (no such user)
Please confirm your email address via PM

Souli

Hello Kass!

I want to use a power based shield for my project to power the four servos... Which one do you advice

me?

Can I use this one?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HNK6TQS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2TOL213PF2CAG&psc=1

looking forward to hearing from you

kas

Hello Kas!
I want to use a power based shield for my project to power the four servos... Which one do you advice me?
looking forward to hearing from you
I made my own shield

Can I use this one?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HNK6TQS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2TOL213PF2CAG&psc=1
You can use this one although there are cheaper alternatives

ahappykid

Arduino: 1.8.4 (Windows 7), Placa:"Arduino BT, ATmega328P"

F:\PAP\software\CubeMover13_posted\CubeMover13_posted.ino:3:28: fatal error: VarSpeedServo.h: No such file or directory

#include <VarSpeedServo.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Erro ao compilar para a placa Arduino BT.
Biblioteca inválida encontrada em C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal_I2C: C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal_I2C
Biblioteca inválida encontrada em C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal_I2C: C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal_I2C

here is the error message, i am sorry but some things are in portuguese.

kas

F:\PAP\software\CubeMover13_posted\CubeMover13_posted.ino:3:28: fatal error: VarSpeedServo.h: No such file or directory
 #include <VarSpeedServo.h>
                            ^
You need to install the VarSpeedServo library in your /Arduino/library folder

ahappykid

hi kas, with your help and with the help of everyone here i was able to build the structure and upload the code to the iteaduino board.

but i still have questions about how to power the servo motors so if you could show me how to connect the servos to the board it would be great.

thanks.

kas

Jun 05, 2018, 07:40 am Last Edit: Jun 05, 2018, 09:51 am by kas
i still have questions about how to power the servo motors so if you could show me how to connect the servos to the board it would be great.
thanks.

Adapt for four servo's only
I use two LiFePO4 batteries  (6.8V)  for powering both Arduino and servo's
The safe way is to use separate power supplies (9V + 5/6V) to avoid browning out
Don't forget common grounds

EDIT: this drawing is for connection description only
Please don't use a solderless breadboard, wires should be soldered

Johan_Ha

How many amps can go through the positive rail in a solderless breadboard? Should the power current carrying wires of the servos be soldered directly to the power source instead of through the breadboard?

If you ask for help and write 'u' instead of 'you' because you think it's convenient, I will write 'no' instead of 'yes'. For same reasons.

kas

Jun 05, 2018, 09:54 am Last Edit: Jun 05, 2018, 09:54 am by kas
How many amps can go through the positive rail in a solderless breadboard? Should the power current carrying wires of the servos be soldered directly to the power source instead of through the breadboard?
Sure, solderless breadboard shouldn't be used
I edited my post accordingly

ahappykid

hi kas, i am having some problems with the code, when i power the servos they start moving on their own.

maybe i am connecting the servos to the wrong pins, can you please explain me a little of the code ?

kas

the servos they start moving on their own.
Please be more specific
Post connection diagram and a video showing those moves

ahappykid

i follow exactily the image you sent me, but the moment i power the iteaduino and the servos they move and lock in place, i bet i am connecting the servos to the wrong pin on the iteaduino.

and i also am having a problem with the app, if i connect the app with the iteaduino when i try to scan the app crashes.

i hope you can help me because i am almost out of time for my school project.

kas

i follow exactily the image you sent me, but the moment i power the iteaduino and the servos they move and lock in place, i bet i am connecting the servos to the wrong pin on the iteaduino.
According to CubeMover13_posted
"down" gripper:
#define    downPinchPin         9
#define    downRotPin          10

"back" gripper
#define    backPinchPin         5
#define    backRotPin            6

and i also am having a problem with the app, if i connect the app with the iteaduino when i try to scan the app crashes
According to CubeMover13_posted
// -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//
//boolean    DEBUG_SERIAL =       true;          // Python mode or Serial Monitor testing      //
boolean    DEBUG_SERIAL =         false;           // Android mode                                                   //
// -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

Please set DEBUG_SERIAL to false
ahappykid, I am not convinced you fully understand what you are trying to achieve  ::)
You should probably go for an easier project

mach1

Hi Kas

I have just recently found this project and I have decided to give it a go. I will retire soon and my plan is to start this in the autumn after the clocks turn at the end of October, so that I can get it ready for Christmas. It can be my Christmas present to myself. Meanwhile I will set about collecting the bits and pieces needed ready for the start date.

Being as you have been very helpful to people on this forum I was wondering if you would be kind enough to sell me a pair of grippers ready for my project. 

If you are happy to do so I would prefer clear plexiglass, acrylic or perspex as a first choice, then as a second choice plywood.

I would be happy to pay the going rate for these items if you are prepared to produce them for me.

I have made a few projects with the Arduino in the past so I should be able to pick it up again with not too much difficulty, at least I hope so. The last think I did some time ago was a device to replace a timer switch to switch on a security/welcoming light which automatically changed the on time according to the time of year using an algorithm based on the equation of time, rather than an LDR. I have no experience of servos, but I have thought of learning to use them for some time and this seems like a good excuse to start with.

Many thanks mach1

Go Up