Go Down

Topic: Cannot upload code to Arduino Uno (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

codemang

Hello everybody. I have an arduino uno that I bought in 2011 that I'm trying to use again. I downloaded the latest version of the Arduino IDE and tried to upload a simple test code. I'm working on OSX 10.9.5. When I do I get this error.

avrdude: Version 5.11, compiled on Sep  2 2011 at 18:52:52
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "/Users/netanel/Downloads/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"
         User configuration file is "/Users/netanel/.avrduderc"
         User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

Using Port                    : /dev/tty.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port
         Using Programmer              : arduino
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200
avrdude: Send: 0 [30]   [20]
avrdude: ser_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

avrdude done.  Thank you.

So far this is what I have tried to remedy the situation.

1) Multiple times I have restarted my computer, reconnected the arduino, etc.

2) I tried a second arduino

3) I hit the reset button on the arduino while the code was being uploaded. Tried variations of hitting the button and holding it down.

4) I downloaded a new FTDI driver according to a post I found on stackoverflow since they said that OSX now includes their own FTDI driver

None of these things worked. I haven't found anything else online regarding this error so I began to think that perhaps the firmware on the Arduino itself is out of date. Is this possible? Do I need an old version of the IDE? Any help will be appreciated.

SDD-EE

I just had the same error message moments ago……. My fix was to.

1. Exit the IDE sketch frame.
2. Restart computer.
3. Select Tools/Serial Port/.… Then chose the proper port out to your Arduino.
4. Upload "Blink" from File/Examples/01.Basics/Blink…. Then select upload.

Good luck.

nickgammon

None of these things worked. I haven't found anything else online regarding this error so I began to think that perhaps the firmware on the Arduino itself is out of date. Is this possible? Do I need an old version of the IDE?
No. The Uno has fairly simple firmware (bootloader) that should work regardless.

I don't have 10.9.5 on my Mac, but I do have 10.7.5. If you go into About this Mac -> More Info -> System Report, and then click on Hardware -> USB you should see something similar to this:

Do you?
Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info: http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

Go Up