Win7 Arduino Driver Nightmare

This is what I have in the folder:

2014-11-24_12-48-04.jpg

I have those exact files too.

But when I try to update the driver, it tells me that it isn't compatible with Win7x64. A lot of internet research says that the reason is that it isn't a signed driver.

Are you on Win7x64 and have successfully loaded that driver with a standard windows driver update?

The procedure you went through I did yesterday and things worked on my 64 windows 7.
Maybe try to re install everything.

LarryD:
The procedure you went through I did yesterday and things worked on my 64 windows 7.
Maybe try to re install everything.

Which step was successful, did you have to use the worakround of selecting the other-unknown and searching the list for Arduino? Or was a simple install from file enough?

The problem is that I CANT just do it again. The unknown device is now only listed in the USB section, not the other section.

Now when I say "select driver from list" it only shows me USB items. That step in the workaround that says "select type port" is not available to me.

Here are the exact screen shots:

When I try to load this driver in the device manager by saying "I Have Disk" and browsing to the folder, I get the noted error:

I then saw instructions about saying something like "select it from the list" rather than "I have disk". My first try had the device listed under both "other-unknown" and "usb-unknown" and it kind of sort of worked but not quite.

Now I only have it in usb-unknown and this is what happens when I try to select from list:

Note in this last image, because it thinks it is a usb type, it does not allow me to select "port" type which is where the arduino is listed.

Can you post a link to the board you are using? Sometimes people have clones and sometimes copies, but seeing the link to the board you actually bought can either answer questions or clear things up.

ChilliTronix:
Can you post a link to the board you are using? Sometimes people have clones and sometimes copies, but seeing the link to the board you actually bought can either answer questions or clear things up.

http://lowpowerlab.com/moteino/#whatisit

Right... So you don't have an Arduino driver problem... You have a USB to serial converter driver problem!

What sort of USB to serial converter have you got, and can you post a link to that please?

Unless of course you got the one with an FTDI chip on it, in which case... have you tried the latest drivers from the FTDI website?

ChilliTronix:
Unless of course you got the one with an FTDI chip on it, in which case... have you tried the latest drivers from the FTDI website?

Yes, it has the FT232RL FTDI chip on it http://lowpowerlab.com/moteino/#whatisitUSB . Yes, I downloaded the FTDI VCOM driver from their web site.

Figured this site would go dark on me as soon as I mentioned I didn't buy a board from here.

Is that the one on the board, or is that on a separate controller bought from somewhere else?

On the board. The USB-Moteino has the on-board chip.

OK, so, have you tried the latest FTDI drivers from their website?

Yes, I downloaded 2.12 today.

OK, in device manager have you done update driver, then have disk?

Have you checked the USB IDs to confirm it is not suffering from the fake FT232RL issue?

I'm about to give up. I made some progress by uninstalling both the FTDI and Arduino Apps & Drivers and starting over.

After clearing everything, I can install the 64bit FTDI VCOM driver. At that point, the arduino changes from a generic usb device to a new generic serial port device. OK, that sounds like progress.

I can right click that generic serial device and try to install the pre-packaged arduino uno driver staged by the installer. As soon as I hit 'ok' or whatever on the arduino uno driver I get a BSOD. MF!!

Of some note, if you look at the installer details of the Arduino app, the very end of the log I see messages about installing the amd64 drivers. What?? amd64 drivers? I have an intel cpu!

If I drill into the arduino install directory I see two driver setup exes; amd64 and intx86. When I run the intx86 one it says incompatible with my machine.

Perhaps the people reporting that it works are on amd machines and the ones with the errors are on intel machines.

FTDI 2.12 works on my Lenovo 530 laptops with Intel i7 processors. One with Win7Pro, one with Win8.1.
Both were auto-updated by Windows from older revision drivers.

You do not have an Arduino, as far as Windows is concerned, you have an FTDI USB to serial port, if you can see that and it has a com port, that bit is done.

Install the IDE, select the correct com port and upload stuff.

very nice as well,....very generous, good forums as well ;D

étui Ipad Air 2