Wifi modules

Hi all,

I want to ask if all wifi b/g/n are the same. Since the protocol is the same, the quality of all wifi module is too the same? or there is better quality and faster wifi module?

I see now that there are full of UART modules like esp8266. But i also see that they can trasfer only 11kb/s and not 54Mbit/s like standard wifi modules. Someone know and IC or a wifi module that is able to trasfer big data?

Nothing is the same. Some are indeed faster. Some have a signal that is 5 times better with the same power. Some have really bad firmware and the connection gets broken every few minutes. That is why I decided to use only good brands... until I learned that some of those are easy to hack.

Do you want to transfer a lot of data with an Arduino ? Which Arduino board do you want to use ?

I know an Arduino is not able to trasfer a lot of data, I'll use another MCU for that. I can't find usefull information about wifi modules. I need a small module, low cost and low power consumption but all i can find only UART modules that are not suitable for me. A 22 Mbps or 25 Mbps is the speed i want accomplish.

Small, low cost, low consumption and 22Mbps... I think that is not possible. You better look for something big, expensive and with high power consumption.

A wifi module for a MCU is often with Serial (UART) interface. A fast wifi connection is with consumer electronics and a computer with all the drivers and software.
I think instead of a module, look for a system with Ethernet/wifi. Perhaps the Raspberry Pi with a wifi client device can do that. I don't know what the transfer speed of the Arduino Yun is, it might be interesting.

Yaro:
Hi all,

I want to ask if all wifi b/g/n are the same. Since the protocol is the same, the quality of all wifi module is too the same? or there is better quality and faster wifi module?

Do you mean are the B, G and N WiFi standards the same or whether all b+g+n compliant
devices are the same? Output power can vary between implementations of course...

Can you explain me better what determinate speed? Becouse all modules i find say me 54Mbits but when i asked to one productor if his module can fit my purpose thay said me "it's not possible becouse throughput limitation of SPI/URAT interface".