Go Down

Topic: Arduino Uno not detected by pc anymore (Read 32439 times) previous topic - next topic

ChilliTronix

Point out to them that under sale of goods legislation that if the goods fail in a short time frame that a court would assume the goods were faulty when made.

That said....are you sure dmesg in Linux comes up with nothing when you plug it in?

catartico

Point out to them that under sale of goods legislation that if the goods fail in a short time frame that a court would assume the goods were faulty when made.

That said....are you sure dmesg in Linux comes up with nothing when you plug it in?
dmesg didn't come up with anything upon plugging in, I tried several times and I'm pretty sure.

ChilliTronix

Remind me...

Do you get any lights on the board at all?

Without the board plugged in, run dmesg and see what the last 6 lines are (post them here between code tags) then plug it in, leave for a minute and run it again and copy the last 6 lines again and post in separate code tags.

Abdalla saad

here's the solution.

Bring your dead Uno/Mega back to life! How to fix ATMEGAXXU2 issues

https://www.virtuabotix.com/how-to-cure-sudden-uno-death-syndrome/

Mack0771

Same please help I've been working so hard for cnc project. When the uno board arrives I hooked it up to my pc and it works just fine. I put the cnc shield on and motors diver and tested it. So far the is there is no problem and I was very happy. The next hour I plugged in the board to my pc, I've looked at the board a every thing is still the same. But when I opened the Arduino IDE, it can't detect in which com port is connected. So I unplugged the board and try it again, nothing happens. Then I went to YouTube and see if there is any solution I've tried every thing that I can found and stil no luck. If any body know how to fix this problem please tell me. The thing is for me to get another uno bord in Indonesia is very hard. Yes I could get it online and ship it here but also the board is pretty exapensive if you looked it up in Indonesian point of view and I don't want to waste my parent money.
I would appreciate any help.

sterretje

Same please help I've been working so hard for cnc project. When the uno board arrives I hooked it up to my pc and it works just fine. I put the cnc shield on and motors diver and tested it. So far the is there is no problem and I was very happy. The next hour I plugged in the board to my pc, I've looked at the board a every thing is still the same. But when I opened the Arduino IDE, it can't detect in which com port is connected. So I unplugged the board and try it again, nothing happens. Then I went to YouTube and see if there is any solution I've tried every thing that I can found and stil no luck. If any body know how to fix this problem please tell me. The thing is for me to get another uno bord in Indonesia is very hard. Yes I could get it online and ship it here but also the board is pretty exapensive if you looked it up in Indonesian point of view and I don't want to waste my parent money.
I would appreciate any help.
Did you try the solution in post #18? Something like that is something I did forget to consider / mention in my replies in https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=534189
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

pratechno

I have the same problem of my board not getting detected.... I bought this Keystone learner kit and am using it after 5 months and the board is not appearing on com port ....so I guesss the seller wont replace my board too as its too late....sucks

sterretje

I have the same problem of my board not getting detected.... I bought this Keystone learner kit and am using it after 5 months and the board is not appearing on com port ....so I guesss the seller wont replace my board too as its too late....sucks
Which usb-to-serial chip is on your board? If it's a CH340, for Windows you need to install the driver.

Your post is lacking details. Which Arduino (probably uno); which OS? What does device manager (or its linux/mac counterpart) say when you connect the board?
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

RALPHD3G

Sep 17, 2018, 12:47 am Last Edit: Sep 18, 2018, 11:40 pm by RALPHD3G
Hello
        I'm having trouble with my Arduino Uno, CNC Shield R3, 1/32 Step jumpers. Been working on this CNC for two years now New PC,Windows 10 and thought I was getting some where at this point when I changed out my Motors. Running 1 motor X, 2 motors Y, 1 motor Z. Reset my GRBL setting and reduced my current on DVR8825 and had this system running better then ever. It even returned to Zero point on it's own!
   So next step lets get some more accuracy out of it and install jumpers m0, m1, m2, on  CNC Shield R3 for 1/32 steps. Calibration in GRBL OK XYZ. Then to shoot it some G-code and see what happens.
   Well to my Surprise the system was sent G-code and the Z-axes started up and went to Safe Z and STOPED. At that point Got Error 9 and that was in the code window as code went by. Now I get it even in jogging. One of my Arduino Uno's lost it's program and had to reload the Hex File. In fact thats whats going on now Verified GRBL is there then as soon as I send Jog to the machine the GRBL Program Disapers.  No more communication.
   HAPPENS ON BOTH PORTS (COM3, COM4) PROGRAM IS LOST WEATHER THE DRIVER POWER IS ON OR OFF. SAME IDENITAL PROBREM ON TWO SEPERATE ARDUINO UNO AND CNC SHIELD R3 PAIRS. (UNIT 2, UNIT 3)  ONLY THING CHANGED WAS THE DRIVERS DRV8825 BECAUSE I ONLY HAVE 4 THAT WORK. Drivers were Hot when I took them out.
HELP!

RALPH

ballscrewbob

@RALPHD3G

Not sure why you tagged your problem in this thread ?

Running 3 machines with the latest GRBL and no issues with any step rates or jog functions.
Not even sure why you need "drivers" for a grbl shield. as GRBL does what GRBL does.

You neglected to say what you are running as the CNC program ?
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

RALPHD3G

Sep 17, 2018, 06:51 am Last Edit: Sep 19, 2018, 12:01 am by RALPHD3G
Both of the Arduino UNO's were new just out of the package. Tested under full step mode verified motors turned in both directions on all axeses.
Ralphd3g
For ballscrewbob thanks for saying something I'm using GRBLGRU and UVGCS. grbl_v1.1f.20170801.
     Took the jumpers off and set everything up Unit 2 drops Grbl as soon as it gets Jog or Gcode. You can load it right back. Removed CNC Shield just before I saw your note. Grbl appears to be running OK. Parameters are there and it accepts changes. I have drivers ordered but having issues with CNC Shields testing them on New out of the box Adruino Uno. They did not turn motors both directions, but I made some errors by not selecting Grbl mode in GrblGru and have to re check boards again. So the Adventure continues.
Ralphd3g

ballscrewbob

This is more of a GRBL issue and not really an Arduino issue.

The driver boards ( DVR8825 ) or the other variants can run hot hence they usually have a heat sink.

You may have better luck talking on one of the many GRBL forums as "error 8" is a GRBL error.

You neglected to say which version of GRBL you are running  and which control program you are using so may want to include that information when asking on the GRBL forums.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

nielyay

Today I discovered the Arduino Uno board can't be detected by my laptop anymore. Apparently the COM port has disappeared from Device Manager completely (yes, I've checked if it's under hidden devices, it isn't - as any other COM port, actually).
here the page, hope can help.

Go Up