Go Down

Topic: Stepper Motor Basics (Read 246480 times) previous topic - next topic

MarkT

Slight correction needed:

With a DC motor you control the current in order to control the speed of the motor. The usual way to control the current is to vary the voltage - perhaps using the Arduino analogWrite() function to control a Pulse Width Modulated power supply to the motor.
For PMDC (permanent magnet DC) motors the _voltage_ controls the speed, the current
is proportional to the torque.  You can use voltage control or current control, for speed and
torque drive respectively.  This is true of BLDCs too.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

18omkar

Hey Hi
I used your given code for checking stepper but repeatedly getting this error:

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x016c
         0x00 != 0x80
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

I have checked my board as Mega 2560, serial communication port, drivers, connections etc.
All looks perfect.

I have connected via reprap Pololu Shield RAMPS 1.4

Please help me how to resolve this error.

Robin2

Jun 23, 2015, 09:00 am Last Edit: Jun 23, 2015, 09:00 am by Robin2
This is the first time anyone has reported that sort of problem. I think it is an uploading problem rather than a problem with compiling my code - but I am not an expert on AVRDUDE.

Post the actual code you are trying to use

Are you able to upload other programs to your Mega ?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

ShapeShifter

I agree, it sounds like a problem with the development environment, not the sketch. Try loading a different sketch: if that also has a problem, then it's definitely an environment problem. A better place to find an answer would be in the Installation & Troubleshooting forum.

nilton61

The Leadshine drives are very competent drivers but they are quite costly, several 100$ depending on model. The question is if you not are better off getting a servo drive instead when spending that kind of money.

Isabelle_VP

Hello Robin2,

Thank a lot to have written those both wonderful posts ! It explains very well and easily!
Thanks also to have answered yesterday to my posts !  

Marciokoko

Great thread.  I'm a newbie.  I would suggest 2 things:

1.  Get rid of the power talk posts and include it as links (as you did with measuring torque).  As mentioned, we are interested in making the stepper move.

2.  Can you make this and many other topics in this forum into stickies?  I feel there are lots of common n00b issues that could be dealt with if stickies were available.

Thanks robin2!

Robin2

Feb 07, 2016, 06:05 pm Last Edit: Feb 07, 2016, 06:06 pm by Robin2
Great thread.  I'm a newbie.  I would suggest 2 things:

1.  Get rid of the power talk posts and include it as links (as you did with measuring torque).  As mentioned, we are interested in making the stepper move.

2.  Can you make this and many other topics in this forum into stickies?  I feel there are lots of common n00b issues that could be dealt with if stickies were available.
Thank you for your kind words.

I don't know which Posts you refer to in 1.
The only reason the Torque stuff is in a link is because it was an afterthought :)

Item 2 is not a matter for me. There are already stickies in some Forum sections - but not this Thread. Too many stickies can be as big a problem as too few.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up