Go Down

Topic: mcufriend 2.8 inch TFT LCD display issues (Read 110249 times) previous topic - next topic

david_prentice

There appears to be two kinds of V2 screen.   I was wrong about unintelligent Resistive Panel.

1.  Resistive with intelligent STMPE610 controller
2.  Capacitive with intelligent FT1606 controller

The Connections page says that you just plug the shield into a Uno.

What Arduino are you using?
If you have a Mega/Leonardo/Due... you need to alter the solder-bridges.

I am always impressed by Adafruit.    They give you good instructions.   Good pictures.  Good examples.

David.

Pass6

Hello everybody,

have you already used a PmodRTCC? I'm trying to program a real-time clock with a PmodRTCC, but it does not work so well. The date and time I get are wrong. I'm sure the problem comes from the library. Can you tell me which library is suitable for a PmodRTCC?

Passy.

david_prentice

Jun 04, 2018, 11:55 am Last Edit: Jun 04, 2018, 12:01 pm by david_prentice
It should behave like any other RTC.    It is very similar to DS1307.   Set the registers to the correct time and mode.

Read the registers in one block-read.   Display the time.
It is easiest to display directly in BCD.   However libraries probably convert it into regular values.   You need regular values if you are going to do any maths.

Note that Americans have a weird way of using the time.    You can always adjust it with bushels, gallons and Fahrenheit.

The Thread title is about 2.8" Mcufriend Shield.
Mcufriend Uno shields use A4 which is SDA on a Uno.   i.e. you can't use I2C on a Uno without a hardware mod.

Your recent posts have been about an Adafruit SPI shield.    This should be fine for I2C.   In fact the FT1606 Touch Controller is an I2C device.

David.

Pass6

Hello,

All your hints helped me very well and my code works fine too. I ran my RTC all night, but this morning the time was not right and I should upload my code again to make it work well again.

Can you please tell me how to set the time without always uploading?

david_prentice

Paste or attach your RTC sketch.   

The Thread title is about 2.8" Mcufriend Shield.
Mcufriend Uno shields use A4 which is SDA on a Uno.   i.e. you can't use I2C on a Uno without a hardware mod.

If you are using a different display,   please start a new thread with appropriate title.

David.

zoomx

Hello,

All your hints helped me very well and my code works fine too. I ran my RTC all night, but this morning the time was not right and I should upload my code again to make it work well again.

Can you please tell me how to set the time without always uploading?
I bet that in your code you set RTC in setup using compiling time.

david_prentice

@Jean-Marc,

He owns a hardware RTC chip.   But chooses to use the millis() version of the library i.e. it just uses the Arduino timing.

If he was to use the hardware chip,   the library would check to see whether the chip was running.
It would only set the chip time registers if the chip was virginal.

The OP counts the time on his fingers (and toes).   And has to set it every morning when he wakes up.
I only have to set the time on my wristwatch when I change the battery.

David.

zoomx

David,
Pass6 didn't answered.
My bet is due to the fact that I see a lot of hardware RTC code that use a simple first time setup using the compile date time and many people forget to comment out that instruction. In this case every restart the RTC take a fixed time, the compiling one.
He says that he reload his code to get the right time, it seems that there is not any manual time setup in the code.

david_prentice

I was fairly rude to him.

I reply to a lot of people.   I can't remember everyone's specific hardware.
If I do spend time writing software for someone,  it is soul destroying when they appear to ignore it.

If he was to start again with describing hardware and a link to the specific library  he is using.

Life is much simpler when someone says Arduino XYZ with hardware ABC using Library DEF version 1.2.3

If it is a standard Arduino board and library supported by the Library Manager,  everyone can replicate your project.   You only need to post a link to the external hardware e.g. your Ebay purchase.

David.

Piet_Vogelaar

I have the same TFT screen.
And I found out that a firm "Elegoo" has software:

https://www.elegoo.com/download/

and an Elegoo 2.8 Inch Touch Screen User Manual.
The downloadable library looks like a clone? / copy? from the Adafruit TFTLCD libs.
I get all their examples working on Uno and Mega 2560.

The show BMP pictures om mega 2560 I got working.
The connector next to the screen has a SPI of 3.3 V.
With a 4-channel bi-directional level converter I connected to the Mega2560 hardware  SPI pins.

Maybe a software SPI on the 'original' pins is a possibility?

The mcufriend libs I did not get working.

Arduinouser16

Jul 21, 2019, 04:23 pm Last Edit: Jul 21, 2019, 04:32 pm by Arduinouser16
I have a question: I recently bought a TFT LCD Display and got it working on my arduino uno after solving the issue with the wrong hex-adress. But because it is a shield and it blocks every other connection I would like to use it on my arduino mega too. Here is my problem: If I upload the script, which I used on my arduino uno, to my arduino mega, it responds as an error:
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
I tried several libraries that were supposed to solve this problem and also make it usable on my arduino mega, but without any success. Could anybody help me finding a library that really fixes the problem? A lot of them are outdated and not compatible with the adafruit library.

This is the link of where I bought it: https://www.amazon.de/Homyl-LCD-Bildschirm-Display-Arduino-Aufl%C3%B6sung/dp/B07DX1QZ87

Jakob

david_prentice

Please post a link to the actual Shield that you have bought e.g. Ebay sale

The regular Mcufriend Uno-style shield just plugs into a Mega2560, Due, Zero, Leonardo, ...

You simply select the correct Arduino Board,  plug,  build and go.

Yes, the I2C pins are not available on a Uno (because SDA is shared with LCD_RST)
But I2C pins are available on Mega, Due, Zero, ...

Use angle-header pins to access empty header sockets with the Shield in place.

David.

Arduinouser16

Jul 21, 2019, 04:44 pm Last Edit: Jul 21, 2019, 04:45 pm by Arduinouser16
So I can't use it on my arduino mega? Link of where I bought it is added above

david_prentice

You have a regular 2.4 inch Shield.

If you learned about biology in school,   you will know how to plug the shield into a Mega2560.    All the male pins find corresponding female sockets.

There are lots of empty female sockets on a Mega2560.  e.g. for UARTs, ADC, I2C, SPI, GPIO, ...

You access empty sockets with angle-pins.   And empty 5V, 0V sockets on the 18x2 header too.

David.

Arduinouser16

But my problem is not the connection of the different pins, my problem is that I can't upload anything to my mega2560 while the display is attached to it... I need a library that makes it work becuase I always get the same error...

Go Up