Go Down

Topic: arduino project prototype to usable product (Read 887 times) previous topic - next topic

rishisaraf

Dec 23, 2014, 11:49 am Last Edit: Dec 23, 2014, 11:52 am by rishisaraf
Hello Folks,

I am new to electronic world so please bear with me. I have build a prototype to open my door latch using  android app. I am using arduino uno, breadboard, bluetooth module and servo. I have put the circuit in breadboard. Now I am want to use this prototype in real world. Also I don't  want to put my UNO in final product as its expensive and I want to keep it for any future prototypes. Can someone please let me know how can I build usable product.

Regards
Rishi

CrossRoads

Talk to someone like me. I combine prototypes and modules and microcontroller into 1 board for folks all the time. See some of my designs here www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17

I don't do the mechanical bits that would attach the servo to the door frame or the control  horn to the door handle. You'll still have to work that out.

For a 1-time project: All it really looks like you need for this is a Promini, the bluetooth module, a piece of "island of holes" perfboard to mount them both on and make the few connections, and a 5V wallwart to power it all. Maybe a 100uF electrolytic cap to connect to the 5V at the promini VCC pin so the servo drawing current doesn't upset the promini & bluetooth.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up