Go Down

Topic: powering 12v coin acceptor off of molex (Read 836 times) previous topic - next topic

tombruton87

I am hoping to power a 12v coin acceptor off of a molex to do this do I just connect the 12v and the ground together then my signal cable going to my audrino

luisilva

tombruton87

The question is can i just connect them together or do I need to do something else my electronics knowledge is very limited to non existent

Paul__B

my electronics knowledge is very limited to non existent
That is why you are having problems asking a question.  You presume that a "Molex" is something, when it is not (other than a Monty Python style deceased animal).

So, for starters, you need to learn how to post links in this "Reply" or "Preview" box because since you do not know what these things are, you are going to need to post either links or photographs (perfectly focused and no more than 1024 pixels wide) to all the components you are trying to connect,

tombruton87

Thank you Paul B for another non answer you really are helping new users. I am a quick learner and have a strong programming background. so learning electronics this last day has been fairly straight forward and going though spec sheets I have worked out the answer.

The molex connector has 4 cables 2 ground cables, these are the middle 2 typically grey or black, a 12v (typically yellow) and a 5v (typically red). These can be directly connected to devices that are either 12v or 5v. So the answer is yes you can just connect the ground and 12v. One thing you must do is also connect a common ground to the Arduino.

Paul__B

Ah!  My apologies!

I quite failed to realise that the only "electronics" which you had ever seen was the inside of a PC.  That was the missing piece of the puzzle.   :smiley-eek:

I (and luisilva) actually find it difficult to think into such a narrow confinement.

Go Up