Go Down

Topic: How to make an iBeacon Detector with Arduino? (Read 67314 times) previous topic - next topic

rogerClark

Hi, did anybody now successfully found a way how we can scan for iBeacons via Arduino?
Yes. there are plenty of ways to do this. Most of which have been discussed in detail on this thread.
Freelance developer and IT consultant
www.rogerclark.net

anish5

Did any one find the solution that how we can detect rssi value on arduino using hm-10 as central device??
any help will be appreciable.

Lampada

Can the HM10-based iBeacon detector with Arduino detect commercial (i)beacons (from Estimote, Kontakt, BlueSense etc)?

bsturgess

Hello

I have this working nicely on a HM-10 with FW 540.

However, it appears with AT+DISI? it limits the results to 6 beacons.

Is there anyway to remove this limit? Or is there alternative firmware I can use that doesnt have this limit?

Thanks

Ben

mrweles

Hi!
Does anyone have firmware for CC2540 chip?
On huamaosoft.com only for 2541

mortnr

Hi.  Like most, I am struggling with the HM-10 (ver 540)

I can create an Ibeacon and find the advertising info, UUID, major and minor values etc. with a second Aurdino + HM10, simply by sending something like:

Serial.print("AT+DISI?");

Likewise, "AT+DISC?" returns the UUID + Name

I would now like to send a scan request and return the temperature and battery values...but I don't know how.

The HM10 manual describes the scan response array returning temp, humidity and battery, although humidity sensor is not installed.

Does anyone know how to do this?  Hopefully this is not a complete misunderstanding on my part!!
Thanks

PHOLAN

I need help.

I'm working on an access control project where the door is unlocked by cellphone proximity.
I purchased a couple of HC-05. but the RSSI scanning portion is not returning anything.

Unfortunately, I ran out of time to continue experimenting.

I'm coming to you for help. If someone has a module with V538 or any other firmware that would allow me to do a continuous scan and return the MAC and RSSI, I'm willing to pay for it.

Preferably, I would like the BT connection to the computer to be USB without an adapter but, if an adapter is required, so be it.

Thank you in advance

Zimbu

Pholan,

According to my understanding, the HC-05 is Bluetooth not Bluetooth low-energy. I believe you need to use Bluetooth low-energy to get RSSI values. I suggest you restart and use an HM-10 module.

Haha50124

I have a version of the HM-10 V540, I entered AT + DISI but did not have any  response, is to first set a Bluetooth Ibeacon? But I have a Ibeacon.

srnet

I have a version of the HM-10 V540, I entered AT + DISI but did not have any  response, is to first set a Bluetooth Ibeacon? But I have a Ibeacon.
Are you telling us something or asking a question ?
No PMs please, they dont get answered.

jqh5657

I have been able to communicate between two HM-10 modules, but if you plan to connect to more than 1, the limitations of Arduino become apparent. I recommend using 1 HM-10 and a Raspberry Pi instead. First, program your HM-10 as iBeacon (following the link you provided above). On the RPi side, you can follow my blog tutorial for how to read RSSI from multiple HM-10 modules using Python.

https://engineersportal.com/blog/2017/12/31/using-raspberry-pi-hm-10-and-bluepy-to-develop-an-ibeacon-mesh-network-part-1

Zimbu

I have been able to communicate between two HM-10 modules, but if you plan to connect to more than 1, the limitations of Arduino become apparent.
Why don't you think you can do the same thing with an Arduino, i.e. scan for all beacons within range and capture their RSSI's and filter for "known" beacons? What's the issue with Arduino?

yatsovel

Hello sir. I am an student that develop an Ibeacon scanner.

I have also:
ibeacon
hm-11
arduino mega

can you please give a source code for that project(Ibeacon scanner)?
Please... or give me some advice. please.. really really need help.

sorry for my english.

jorgos

May 08, 2018, 04:31 pm Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 04:32 pm by jorgos
Hi! I also just got my hands on a few HM-10's. Got most of the way using info from here: http://www.martyncurrey.com/hm-10-bluetooth-4ble-modules/

I'm interested in RSSI values. From what I can understand, that's part of what is returned when you use the DESI? or DESA? commands. I have boards from DSD. Their data sheet notes this is the format of the DESI? responses:

OK+DISC[P0:P1:P2:P3:P4]
    P0: Factory ID
    P1: iBeacon UUID
    P2: Major Value
    Minor Value
    Measured Power
    P3: MAC
    P4: RSSI

P0 length is 8; P1 length is 32; P2 length is 10; P3 length is 12, P4 length is 4 P2 include Major Value (length 4);
Minor Value (length 4); Measured Power (length 2). If the device not an iBeacon, P0, P1, P2 will use '0' fill.

aligul2

I am using Hm 10 ble with Arduino to find or detect the hm10 ble. Plz any At command or Arduino sketch to perform these tasks. Like android or ios app detect the ibeacon. i want to do the same job hm10 ble with Arduino to detect or find nearby ibeacon.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Go Up