Go Down

Topic: LEDs losig brithness at a different rate, am I damaging them somehow? (Read 9063 times) previous topic - next topic

arduidiot

electrons in the charge cloud for the current in a circuit with resistance that should limit the voltage to a certain amount but occasionally it is possible to spike over. it was kind of a joke in that it should never happen to an extent it damages the circuit if everything is wired as you've calculated.
im a good observer. not the brightest but very curious.

that poor innocent dog died from AC. he died.

I do not refuse my dinner simply because I do not understand the process of digestion."

Grumpy_Mike

Are you talking about Johnson noise?

arduidiot

well im definately talking about noise! i dont know who  the first bloke to write about it was to be honest!

but i do know it should never appreciably happen if your wiring match your figures.
im a good observer. not the brightest but very curious.

that poor innocent dog died from AC. he died.

I do not refuse my dinner simply because I do not understand the process of digestion."

byteofthat

So, update!

I have had one of the LEDs I purchased powered by an arduino for the last two weeks using one of the same 220Ohm resistors.

Conclusion: Definite and noticeable dimming after just two weeks of operation. It's a well ventilated and cool area, with a good power supply. I can't blame this on anything other than the supplier.

If anyone ever comes across "bright components" on eBay, I would think twice about purchasing from them. Their products have proven to be less than "top quality".

Go Up