Go Down

Topic: FFT  (Read 971 times) previous topic - next topic

aslopez

Jan 14, 2015, 08:52 pm Last Edit: Jan 14, 2015, 09:08 pm by aslopez
Hi everyone, i am kind of new with arduino and i would like to display in Processing software a graph of the fft of a signal (pre-amplified) that i am reading from a coil to my arduino, where i could show the different frequencies (from 500 Hz to 30 KHz).

Currently i am using Processing to show the signal and save the data in a file, then i open the file in MATLAB and then MATLAB process the FFT and graph the FFT and the signal.

Does someone know how i can calculate the FFT in my arduino DUE and display it in a graph?

Thanks  :)

Palliser

aslopez

Jan 16, 2015, 05:58 pm Last Edit: Jan 16, 2015, 05:59 pm by aslopez
Hi thanks for you replay, i saw that page before and i asked him for help in his blog and he recommended me to ask here, do you know how i can modify his program to send the data to Processing?

Magician

Subject line is misleading, I'd suggest something like: "how to send data array to processing" or "how to  use serial link".
Have you seen this section: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?board=12.0
FFT library has an example, that's printing out results to PC serial monitor window.
BTW, I published new blog-page, with source code to display fft on the TFT (320x480) screen, spectrogram & bargraph representation.
All you have to do, is re-route data flow from TFT to processing, but I can't help you on this, as I never used Processing before.

Go Up