Go Down

Topic: Arduino and zogbee for crossroad traffic lights system (Read 998 times) previous topic - next topic

Evidence

Hi
I am very new to the arduino and havent had much work to do with the programming.

I am to design a wireless solar traffic light system for a cross road.
Four traffic light poles.
Each pole has a microcontroller but one pole is supposed to be the master controller and send the appropriate signals to the other poles. They are supposed to behave in a simple crossroad traffic light sequence.

My main problem is how to code the sequence and also how to implement the wireless master slave with the arduinos on the poles. I plan on using zigbee.

I really need this help.
I had about 6 weeks but circumstances have left me with barely one week to finish up the paper work and schematics of the system.

God bless you.

PaulS

My main problem is how to code the sequence
What do you mean by "sequence"?

The entire project should be working wired before you attempt wireless.

I have no idea what a zogbee is, but XBees are very easy to use. Series 2 models, properly configured, with one controller and 3 router/end devices, are direct replacements for the wires. Direct - NO CODE CHANGES NEEDED.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

Evidence

Thank you, PaulS.
First I meant zigbee and not zogbee.  :)

Second, by sequence I meant the pattern in which traffic lights move.

In a crossroad the traffic lights of the opposite facing lanes have the same "sequence".

So it means I will have four poles on each lane at the crossroad. Each pole is supposed to have an arduino. One is going to be made the master controller. It is responsible for making sure that it's sequence and the sequence of the one opposite it are the same at anytime. And also the other two are the same at anytime.

The communication between the arduinos is supposed to be zigbee or xbee. One master and three end receivers or devices.

I pray it is clearer now.

I would cherish a reply soon. Thanks PaulS.

PaulS

The communication between the arduinos is supposed to be zigbee or xbee. One master and three end receivers or devices.
The communication mechanism between the Arduinos should, initially, be pieces of wire. When that works, replacing the wires with XBees will be nearly trivial.

What code do you have so far? How are the Arduinos communicating now? Which XBees do you have? How are they connected to the Arduinos?
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

Evidence

Hi PaulS,
please at the moment i don't have any of the things you expect me to have at this stage due to some constraints. i hope to get them soon.

God bless you

Go Up