Go Down

Topic: How to control 10V signal with 5V signal? (Read 3425 times) previous topic - next topic

SweProg

I wish to control a 0-10V signal with a 0-5V signal from Arduino, what is the easiest and best way to do it?

Paulcet

Please tell us exactly what you want to do. 

MarkT

For low power analog signals an opamp circuit powered from 12V might be the way to go,
so long as the opamp works down to the negative rail, us a non-inverting
amplifier.

If its a digital / PWM signal a simple level shifter with an NPN transisotor might be best.

More information would help.
[ I DO NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them unread, use the forum please ]

SweProg

I have a duct fan that is speed adjustable with a 0-10V signal. The fan provide a 10V signal if thats useful. I want to "scale" up a 0-5V signal to a 0-10V signal so I can control it with Arduino.

The schematic says PWM on the fan signal input. I read some facts about transistors but they are so many I  got confused :/

Please let me know more! :) Thanks!

raschemmel

Which is it ? (0 - 10V analog or PWM ?)

SweProg

I guess it's PWM and it can take PWM when I think about it, because I ran the fan up to 5V with the Arduino PWM signal when I tested it.

MarkT

It may well be both - the input is low pass filtered so either PWM or analog will work.

The fan provide a 10V signal if thats useful.
Hard to know what this means - rather than drip-feeding us information like this, the
datasheet for the fan would be the thing to provide....
[ I DO NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them unread, use the forum please ]

raschemmel

The fan provide a 10V signal if thats useful.
I think maybe that should be "the fan has a speed sense 0 - 10v analog output" but that's just a guess.

nickgammon

Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info: http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

raschemmel

Jan 21, 2015, 06:22 am Last Edit: Jan 21, 2015, 06:22 am by raschemmel
wish to control a 0-10V signal with a 0-5V signal from Arduino, what is the easiest and best way to do it?
There is no 0 -  5V signal from the arduino so your post doesn't make any sense. If you get a DAC then you would have a 0 - 5V signal and you would need an OP AMP non-inverting amplifer with a Gain of 2 , running off +12V dc power to get the 0 -10V output.

Paul__B

I have a duct fan that is speed adjustable with a 0-10V signal. The fan provide a 10V signal if that's useful. I want to "scale" up a 0-5V signal to a 0-10V signal so I can control it with Arduino.
What fan?  Where's the web page?  I have a fan too, but I don''t think it is the same as yours so I can't tell whether what I would suggest would be any use.

The schematic says PWM on the fan signal input.
I can't see the schematic so I can't tell what that means.  Where is it?

I read some facts about transistors but they are so many I  got confused
Fair enough.

The fan provide a 10V signal if that's useful.
How does the fan provide  a10V signal?

Go Up