Go Down

Topic: Stand alone ATMEGA328p-AU (TQFP package) programming avrdude: verification err (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

ravimannanikkad

Hi ,

I am trying to program a ATMEGA328P-AU (TQFP 32 pin package) with the same code runs in Arduino uno board. (ARDUINO UNo with ATMEGA328P-PU DIP package).
I am using avrpocket programmer (Usb Tiny ISP) with the arduino 1.5.8 IDE. I was able to burn the sample codes like LED blink etc successfully through the programmer and it worked fine. But When I try to burn my code (This code contains GPS interface in HArdware UART ), I am getting following error

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0180
         0xff != 0x04
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

While I tries to upload this code. This code gets compiled and successfully working in arduino uno board .

Earlier I thought that it may have an issue because of the difference in pin mapping of different packages, but later i realized that it worked with the sample codes. I am really held up with this for the past 3 days and looking forward for some help.

I am attaching my hardware setup as well .

nicoverduin

Seems at 3.3V your frequency is probably too high. Otherwise just try to program it with the internal RC first. You will probably have to set fuses first.
Met vriendelijke groet / kindest regards
Nico Verduin
www.verelec.nl
Do not PM me for personal consultancy unless you are willing to pay for it.

Go Up