Go Down

Topic: Hacking question (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Astrocode317

Jan 31, 2015, 11:49 pm Last Edit: Feb 01, 2015, 07:44 pm by AWOL
Hi, i am very confused with the term of 'hacking with the arduino' how do i hack with the arduino? where do i start and where do i get and or create the code for arduino hacking. Also can i hack with the arduino uno?

RogerRowland

"Hacking" in this context means taking an exisiting device (like an old printer, scanner, washine machine, whatever) and either adapting it to some new purpose by reconfiguring it, or exposing or adding functionality that was never intended, or removing component parts and re-assembling them into something new. The Arduino can be used as part of this process, by acting as a hardware and software resource that can, for example, read the optical sensor from a laser mouse or drive a stepper motor taken from an old printer, etc.

It has nothing to do with the other use of the work "hacking" - illegal entry into secure systems, password cracking, etc.

Astrocode317

"Hacking" in this context means taking an exisiting device (like an old printer, scanner, washine machine, whatever) and either adapting it to some new purpose by reconfiguring it, or exposing or adding functionality that was never intended, or removing component parts and re-assembling them into something new. The Arduino can be used as part of this process, by acting as a hardware and software resource that can, for example, read the optical sensor from a laser mouse or drive a stepper motor taken from an old printer, etc.

It has nothing to do with the other use of the work "hacking" - illegal entry into secure systems, password cracking, etc.

ok but for exmaple how would i get the code to access a usb keyboard, and is this possible with the arduino uno?

kemfic

there is no code for a keyboard or any other hardware. arduino is used for diy projects. It is mainly used for being able to control your project, and bring all the needed modules together to make the idea become real. If you want to do computer hacking, that is a different thing. Start with learning linux, terminal, get kali OS on your computer and DO NOT BECOME A SCRIPTING KIDDIE!!!!!!hope this post helped

ReverseTurduino_GBW

What you want to do sounds illegal, but lets assume your intentions are not. You might want to start by making a control trojan horse .exe file and either sending it VIA email or finding some other delivery method to install on the intended PC. Then access the 'On-Screen Keyboard' and voila.

Go Up