Go Down

Topic: [SOLVED] Problem with i2c devices when powering down (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

agm15

"Remove the totally useless LED."

I know, and I did, I have my modified RTC version, but still drawns 0.73mAh in sleep mode. The thing is that i think 0.3 comes from SDA pin and 0.3 comes from SDL.

Im 100% sure its something about the i2c line, having only 1 i2c device give me an excelent low power current, about a few microAmps

Any help will be apreciated

jremington

Mar 23, 2018, 10:16 pm Last Edit: Mar 23, 2018, 10:16 pm by jremington
So, you did not remove the pullup resistor module either?

agm15

I followed this picture to get rid of the LED and the charging circuit:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/50/08/6d/50086df39ff57399b2ffbf4197b2515b.jpg

Will the device work if i remove also the pullup resistances? I though I would need them

jremington

Mar 24, 2018, 12:08 am Last Edit: Mar 24, 2018, 03:32 am by jremington
You need only one pullup resistor on each I2C line. You need to check every device, as well as the processor board.

Edit: you need to power the RTC only when reading or writing to it. An Arduino output pin can be used to power it during those operations.

agm15

"You need only one pullup resistor on each I2C line. You need to check every device, as well as the processor board."

Ok mate, you're a genious. I removed the RTC pullup and now everything works with a current of 0.03mAh! Thanks very much for your help

"Edit: you need to power the RTC only when reading or writing to it. An Arduino output pin can be used to power it during those operations."

Yeah, I was doing that since the begining

With that the problem is now solved, thanks a lot to all that contributed!

Go Up