Go Down

Topic: IDE 1.6.0 Error Compiling (Read 8929 times) previous topic - next topic

RobertNovak

I just upgraded to the 1.6.0 IDE from 0021 and have a very basic error when trying to compile anything.

Anyone seen this?  It appears to be unique to this laptop as I tried it on another and it compiled OK.

Here is the output from "blink".

Arduino: 1.6.0 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Micro"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10600 -DARDUINO_AVR_MICRO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8037 -DUSB_MANUFACTURER= -DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Micro" -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\micro C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Temp\build1987345327900460104.tmp\Blink.cpp -o C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Temp\build1987345327900460104.tmp\Blink.cpp.o

Error compiling.

ArneP

I just observed the same problem on my system upgrading from version 1.0.6 to 1.6.0. The new version shows the same problem as described. I'm running Windows 7, 32 bit, and I tried to install using both the zip version and the installer version, but both ends up with the same problem. Version 1.0.6 works still perfect.

C:\Arduino.160/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10600 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Arduino.160\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Arduino.160\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard C:\Users\Arne\AppData\Local\Temp\build34513421954879069.tmp\sketch_feb17a.cpp -o C:\Users\Arne\AppData\Local\Temp\build34513421954879069.tmp\sketch_feb17a.cpp.o
Error compiling.

lee_si

Feb 20, 2015, 12:07 pm Last Edit: Feb 23, 2015, 03:07 am by lee_si
Arduino: 1.6.0 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Blink.ino:18:21: fatal error: Arduino.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Error compiling.

I've been given this error notice even when I try to compile basic program.

Vicne

Feb 20, 2015, 06:18 pm Last Edit: Feb 20, 2015, 06:18 pm by Vicne
Hi,

Could you try to select an Arduino Uno board and see if it compiles (just compile, no upload of course) ?

If it works, that would be a very similar problem to mine: code that worked on previous versions of IDE now complains that a standard include file is missing - http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=302080.0

Just my 2 cents

Vicne

lee_si

Hi,

Could you try to select an Arduino Uno board and see if it compiles (just compile, no upload of course) ?

If it works, that would be a very similar problem to mine: code that worked on previous versions of IDE now complains that a standard include file is missing - http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=302080.0

Just my 2 cents

Vicne
Mine had compile error and Arduino.h missing. Even if I tried to compile arduino given example file I only get the same error result.

snusmumriken

I have a different compilation error (below).  The sketch copiled and ran correctly before downloading the new IDE.  The error seems to relate to a call made from within the SD library, because there is no line in my code that explicitly calls #include <SPI.h>.

Arduino: 1.6.0 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Uno"

Build options changed, rebuilding all

Using library SD in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD

Using library Wire in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\Wire

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10600 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD\src -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\Wire C:\Users\JREYNO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build9217287351094844719.tmp\Ardulog_RTC_JCR_test_program.cpp -o C:\Users\JREYNO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build9217287351094844719.tmp\Ardulog_RTC_JCR_test_program.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10600 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD\src -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\Wire C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\File.cpp -o C:\Users\JREYNO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build9217287351094844719.tmp\SD\File.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10600 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD\src -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\Wire C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\SD.cpp -o C:\Users\JREYNO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build9217287351094844719.tmp\SD\SD.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10600 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD\src -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\Wire C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\Sd2Card.cpp -o C:\Users\JREYNO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build9217287351094844719.tmp\SD\utility\Sd2Card.cpp.o

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD\src\utility\Sd2Card.cpp:26:17: fatal error: SPI.h: No such file or directory
 #include <SPI.h>

^
compilation terminated.
Error compiling.

snusmumriken

Well I have solved my own issue, anyway.  Seems I now need to explicitly include the SPI library if I'm using the SD library.  Then it compiles without errors.

masonhannah10

Well I have solved my own issue, anyway.  Seems I now need to explicitly include the SPI library if I'm using the SD library.  Then it compiles without errors.

How did you do that? can you please help, im new to arduino.

CrossRoads

Add this to the top of you sketch
#include <SPI.h>

Or Tools:Import Lbrary, select SPI
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

vergo77

Hello all!

I have a similar problem:

today I've installed the 1.6.0 (before a had 1.0.6 and work fine, no problems).

Now, when I compile a sketch a simple generic error message appear, with no details  :smiley-sad-blue:

This i my error message: "Errore durante la compilazione" (error during compyling)

This is my code:

Code: [Select]

void setup() {
  // initialize digital pin 13 as an output.
  pinMode(13, OUTPUT);
}

void loop() {
  digitalWrite(13, HIGH);   // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
  delay(1000);              // wait for a second
  digitalWrite(13, LOW);    // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
  delay(1000);              // wait for a second
}

Someone can help me please?

Tanks,
Roberto.

embedded_kannan

I have download and installed arduino 1.6.0 ide (windows 7).  I have a error message when I compile the example file. But I did not connect any kits. Just I want to connect proteus 8.0. so I need hex file only.   The error message is

Arduino: 1.6.0 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Uno"

C:\Program Files\Arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10600 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard C:\Users\CMTES\AppData\Local\Temp\build8788625360128460962.tmp\Blink.cpp -o C:\Users\CMTES\AppData\Local\Temp\build8788625360128460962.tmp\Blink.cpp.o 
Error compiling.
Anyone will give solution to me. My mail id : embedded.kannan@gmail.com

SteveThackery

Thank you!  Same problem here, same solution.  I'm very grateful to you for posting your solution - I don't think I would have thought of it. 

:-)

bagala

I had the same problem, when I compiled hello world basic program, it shows me very long list with error... Nothing work. Now, I try run Arduino as administrator by right click on icon and Arduino IDE run without compiling problem. Try if it works too, not just me.

nicsergio

Also I can not work with the new versions of IDE  :(

I tried again with V1.6.0 up to 1.6.5, but when I try to compile the sketch easier, I have an endless list of errors.

Returning to V1.0.6 all back to work.  :o

My PC is Windows 7 64-bit, I am a user with administrator rights, and there is also installed Cygwin, but I renamed the folder and checked the contents of the environment variables, but does not change anything.

Attached the list of errors that I get compiling unmodified blink.ino on V1.6.5

Thanks to anyone who will help me.

Go Up