Go Down

Topic: UsbAsp uploading problems (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

gremlinc5

Feb 15, 2015, 03:09 pm Last Edit: Feb 15, 2015, 04:36 pm by gremlinc5
Hi all,

I have some problem. I think my UsbAsp is old because it say when uploadin sketches "Impossible to set SCK, Update UsbAsp Firmware".

So my problem is that UsbAsp could upload only the bootloader. When I program the bootloader all is ok, only sometimes it say that my ATMega 2560 have a bad signature.

But when I upload whatever sketch with UsbAsp, to the ATMega 2560 like Blink example, the led doesn't flash.

If I burn the bootloader with UsbAsp the led flashes for the bootloader. Then if I burn the blink sketch with the standard USB/Serial programmer integrated in the arduino all is ok and the led flashes with different timings.

It seems that UsbAsp could program only the bootloader!  :'(

I need in my sketch all 4 serial ports, how could I do? Do you think that Arduino ISP is better for ATMega 2560? Or I'm missing something related with my hardware?

Thank you.

gremlinc5

My UsbAsp is like this:

USBASP su Ebay

I got Windows 7 64 bit, I'm using Visual Micro to program with under Arduino IDE 1.0

My board is an ATMega 2560 Sunfounder like this:

Sunfounder ATMega 2560

gremlinc5

Solution

I'll get a Atmel MK2 too  :D

My UsbAsp could only program the bootloader too, so it's not my fault  ;)

gremlinc5

I tried to program with UsbAsp a Arduino Nano Compatible and it's done... I think there is an incompatibility between UsbAsp and ATMega 2560 only.

Do you?

CrossRoads

Yes.  Get a real programmer that can properly address the larger memory space of the '2560 chip:
http://store.atmel.com/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:10500054#tc:description
and the other Atmel chips you may use with Arduino.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

gremlinc5

Thank you.

I bought it on Farnell site, I normally buy from them. I'm now programming two chinese Nano with Wire library and them could be programmed with UsbAsp.

gremlinc5

Yes.  Get a real programmer that can properly address the larger memory space of the '2560 chip:
http://store.atmel.com/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:10500054#tc:description
and the other Atmel chips you may use with Arduino.
Nop Farnell canceled my order... I have bought it from your link site, thank you.

Go Up