Go Down

Topic: avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\com3": (Read 116600 times) previous topic - next topic

SAnwandter1

Try This it Worked for me.
Good Luck!!  ;)

http://www.jormc.es/2014/10/24/arduino-avrdude-ser_open-cant-open-device-com3-access-is-denied/

aadhyachukkala

arduino-builder/arduino-builder -compile -core-api-version 10611 -build-path /tmp/515525502 -hardware arduino-builder/hardware -hardware arduino-builder/packages/cores -tools arduino-builder/tools -tools arduino-builder/packages/tools -built-in-libraries arduino-builder/latest -libraries /tmp/390776795/pinned -libraries /tmp/390776795/custom -fqbn arduino:avr:uno -build-cache /tmp -verbose=false /tmp/390776795/Blink

Sketch uses 928 bytes (2%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.

Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.

Flashing with command:C:/Users/WELCOME/.arduino-create/arduino/avrdude/6.3.0-arduino9/bin/avrdude.exe -CC:/Users/WELCOME/.arduino-create/arduino/avrdude/6.3.0-arduino9/etc/avrdude.conf -q -q -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM3 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:/Users/WELCOME/AppData/Local/Temp/arduino-create-agent905352751/Blink.hex:i

avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM3": Access is denied.

Executing command: exit status 1
I REALLY DONT KNO WHAT TO DO WITH MY ARDUINO UNO R3 RYT NOW!!!!!

TTicecube

I got to this topic and found no help what so every to fix the error.

Then i looked at the windows drivers at the com-port named "RAMPS"
Seems wrong and i downloaded "serieel chip (CH340) drivers" at:
https://sparks.gogo.co.nz/ch340.html
This fixed my problems

Re-plug the USB after install.
and it seem i have a "UNO R3 ATmega328P"

I hoop this is helpful.

3Dtj

Just giving a shout out to hassen_tayech on his solution.   My Uno for some reason stopped uploading basic sketches (e.g. Blink).  I reloaded software, unplugged/ replugged, and even plugged Uno into an older computer which did upload correctly.  Used hassen's approach of going into Window's control panel (under Devices) and selected  "Remove device" that was showing for Uno.   Opened up Arduino application and now it works.  I sooo hate when applications stop working for unknown reasons.

rfr26604

I had the same problem in Windows 7 and I checked in the file preferences here: C:\Users\
'your partition'\AppData\Local\Arduino15\preferences.txt, open it in your text editor and find serial.port=                       "XXXX" and select the COM port you are able to use, I use COM7. After that, go to Device Manager and assign the same port to your arduino board. This way, when you have any problem you need only to disconnect and connect your usb cable in your arduino board and the system update this information and you can continue working.   

rfr26604

I had the same problem in Windows 7 and I checked in the file preferences here: C:\Users\
'your partition'\AppData\Local\Arduino15\preferences.txt, open it in your text editor and find serial.port=                       "XXXX" and select the COM port you are able to use, I use COM7. After that, go to Device Manager and assign the same port to your arduino board. This way, when you have any problem you need only to disconnect and connect your usb cable in your arduino board and the system update this information and you can continue working.   

Go Up