Topic: Change Filament
(Read 1 time)
Feb 21, 2015, 08:08 pm
: Feb 21, 2015, 08:25 pm by RobFly
I'm following the assembly manual istructions and i'm stuck at page 48, fig. 5
It says to launch the "Change Filament"command and wait until the printer doesn't reach the correct temperature.
My printer doesn't reache the correct temperature and continues to show "Heating..." on the dispay.
I never put a filament in the printer before.
What does that mean? It is normal?
I'm the resident 3d expert at Arduino Verkstad in Malmö Sweden. I am fluid in Swedish, English and proficient in german and Danish.
Re: Change Filament
Feb 27, 2015, 06:17 pm
This is how you change filament:
1. Enter main menu
2. Scroll down to the prepare menu and enter it.
3. Scroll down to the "Change filament" option and choose it.
4. The printer will start to heat up and will heat up to a temperature of 230 degrees celcius.
5. When it is done heating it will start to retract the filament (reverse the filament).
6. Then it will start beeping loudly and do so until you insert the new filament and press the rotary encoder.
7. Then it will start to extrude filament and you can stop it once you get a steady stream of molten plastic coming out of the nozzle.
I hope this could help you.
Please tell me if you keep on having issues.