Go Down

Topic: Marlin Firmware, My Way (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Antonmd

Good evening!

If anyone had told me a year ago that I would be soldering circuit boards and reading code of any kind I would have laughed at them. A lot.  I would absolutely not have been polite about it either.  But, here I am on this forum seeking some sage wisdom to see if I can make something I'm thinking about actually happen.

I have all the components hooked up, Marlin is functional, the motors move and the things that need to get hot are have gotten hot, and I am thrilled to have my own as close to home made 3d printer I could possibly get.

Except for one thing.

I am using the RepRap Discount Full Graphic LCD Smart Controller, which I am very pleased with, except for one thing - the terrible nightmare like screech of its buzzer that reminds me of an alarm clock from my childhood.  I must be rid of it.  Sure I can go ahead and shut that off, but I do like noise.  I know that I have a couple of unused servo ports on the Ramps 1.4 board I have attached to a MEGA, and instead of that awful wailing, I'd like to alter the sketch to replace the buzzer with the movement of a servo motor with a little brass ball on the end of it to lightly strike a bell I intend on fixing on top of my printer.  Why would i do that? Because I want to, that's why - let's keep to the question at hand here - how do I disable a buzzer and tell the firmware to replace the occasion to buzz with the quick movement of a small servo? I'm not sure where to begin, or if I need to import or add a new tab to the existing Marlin 1.0 firmware.

Any assistance, not trite commentary, would be very much appreciated.

Go Up