Go Down

Topic: Looking for arduino projects (Read 4112 times) previous topic - next topic

frodv

May 10, 2015, 09:24 am Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 09:33 am by frodv
Hi, I have a project for you if you are interessted. I have something that i want/need to do, but I have NO idea how to do it.

I have a small brewery that I'm trying to upgrade a bit. As you may know, during brewing the temperatures are very important and needs to be monitored. I am at the moment using an Arduino Uno with a ds18b20 sensor and a esp8266 wifi tranciever, and a LCD display.
I have a good working sketch for this that sends the sensor data to an IoT site that's called Thingspeak.com. You can check out one of my channels there ( channel ID 36999).
I also have this uploaded to my website
The thing I need to get to work is my gsm shield for the arduino. I need it to send me a sms if the temperatures are moving over or below a set point, and keep sending me sms every 30 min. or so until the temperature is back to normal.
I have no idea how to do this, and hope someone can help me with it... :)

AnalysIR

As you already have a connection to your web server via wifi, it may be easier to find an online service to send the sms(or just send an email from your webserver, if your phone has an email function).

Might be worth looking at IFTTT (IF This Then That), which is an easy way to make this hookup.

If you want someone to do this for you, then it may be worth visiting the gigs & collaboration part of this forum.

frodv

Thhanks, but the problem is, I have no idea how to do any of these things...  :)

janvier123

iam looking for projects to be posted on my site, iam not looking for the actual coding / work
Finished projects, i gather them on my site for other arduino users to give them ideas and be inspired by others

Go Up