Go Down

Topic: New Visual Arduino programming tool (Read 31885 times) previous topic - next topic

mitov

A video from CodeRage X demonstrating Visuino and how to create "Internet of Things" With Arduino and Delphi by using Visuino:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgXHD6lgjI0

mitov

Just released Beta 73 with a workaround for some of the bugs in the new Arduino IDE:
http://visuino.com/download

Added Steering Differential component
Added workaround for some of the bugs in the Arduino IDE 1.6.7 (Install 1.6.7 hourly build, 1.6.6 has a critical bug)
Improved Counter and Flip-Flop components

mitov

mitov

avrgen

Dec 12, 2015, 06:09 pm Last Edit: Dec 12, 2015, 06:16 pm by avrgen
Hello mitov,

this is really a nice software!
Is it Opensource?

I have not tried it, because i am a Linux user.  ;)

What i want to ask you:
Have you ever think about programming AVR microcontroller "directly" and not only as Arduino board?

Please read my thoughts:
New alternative to the Arduino frontend ?

Maybe it would be interesting to combine the ideas?

avrgen

Maybe the newer programmers will find it useful, but I like being in control of what I write. I can see that your program comes with many options to choose from, allowing the user to have an easy experience in making something they want to make. But for me, I guess I just like the challenge of writing something that can take hours if not days to get to work.
There maybe another view:

This way of programming will be interesting for beginners.
It is important that the result of the visual programming is a source code!

So a novice can start with this and when he wants he can proceed directly with the source.

It is quiet helpful to have another way to get into the stuff.

mitov

this is really a nice software!
Is it Opensource?

I have not tried it, because i am a Linux user.  ;)
Maybe it would be interesting to combine the ideas?
Thank you!
You may be able to try it under Wine.
Sure, I am open to new ideas :-)

mitov

There maybe another view:

This way of programming will be interesting for beginners.
It is important that the result of the visual programming is a source code!
BTW: Visuino is not open source, although the Visuino component library for Arduino is open source.
The Visuino generates source code, but it is highly optimized object oriented code, and not for beginners. Actually Visuino is very easy to use, but also very powerful professional tool ;-) .

avrgen

BTW: Visuino is not open source, although the Visuino component library for Arduino is open source.
The Visuino generates source code, but it is highly optimized object oriented code, and not for beginners. Actually Visuino is very easy to use, but also very powerful professional tool ;-) .
O.K. Then i ask in the following way (just for interest):
Will this tool be for free or will you sell it later on?

It's fine that it will run under wine.
I am interested to taste the look and feel of this nice connecting visualization.

But at least this will not be my way to program.
Maybe my son can try it - he seems to be interested.

mitov

Will this tool be for free or will you sell it later on?
It is being sold for $9 and 99 cents. Hopefully affordable :-)

avrgen

It is being sold for $9 and 99 cents. Hopefully affordable :-)
This should it be. I hope you will have success.

I am not sure if it would make sense to have such an visual programming for all AVR's?
Arduino signify not only for easier programming - it signifies for easy use of hardware too.
So it makes sense that this will be restricted to the Arduino boards for most of the beginners.

mitov

I am not sure if it would make sense to have such an visual programming for all AVR's?
Arduino signify not only for easier programming - it signifies for easy use of hardware too.
So it makes sense that this will be restricted to the Arduino boards for most of the beginners.
Actually I have been developing Windows programming graphical tools for some years ;-) . Now expanding to cover the Arduino and ESP8266 boards, and planning for others. Also working on Android, and Linux programming tools along the same lines, so a lot of stuff is already here, a a whole lot more coming :-)

avrgen

I can imagine that this is much work.

There are many things that must be connected in the world.
Often a good visualization is missing for it.

mitov

There are many things that must be connected in the world.
Often a good visualization is missing for it.
Yeah... I have been working on the problem for the last 18 years, but nowadays gaining momentum ;-) .
I started the OpenWire project at around 1997 or so mainly as experimental concept, but real work started around 2001, and has been accelerating ever since :-)

avrgen

So this nice kind of visualization is something like your life work?

Go Up