Go Down

Topic: Burning bootloader on standalone Atmega328(internal clock 8MHz) (Read 44620 times) previous topic - next topic

JT81

Everyone needs to try that Gammon Bootloader sketch if they haven't. I justnspent a couple hours trying to just burn a bootloader through the Arduino IDE with no luck after trying every trick and changing every setting you could think of.

Thankfully I finally found this thread and tried out that sketch. It worked like a charm the first try with no trouble at all. I'm so thankful for Gammon's work that I registered just to post in this thread. He's made several helpful tools and blog posts.

deskwizard

Exact same story here... spent the afternoon messing around until I found the previous post.

Nick Gammon's tool is flawless.

http://www.gammon.com.au/bootloader

Just use the Lilypad bootloader for 8mhz internal oscillator configuration.

DW

jebobrow

I have also been struggling with burning bootloaders. I have used several programmers, including the AVRISP II and the ArduinoISP. I get an avrdude error:
  avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"
when using the AVRISP II in version 1.6.7 but it works fine in an OLD Arduino version 1.0.1.

I wish I could make a bootloader work with the latest version of Arduino...

Maverick71

Hello,

I'm in the same situation since 1.6.8 (maybe 1.6.6).
Before I was able to burn Bootloader with UNO.
I used Nick Gammons Software for burning the bootloader for Crystal-Less Atmega 328P but
now I'm not able to upload code to the 8MHz Atmega Chip if I use UNO as programmer.

Any hints or known problems?

Regards,
Mav.

jarri

johnWasser Thanks a lot for the Lilypad tip !! It works to me !! :D

sincze

Exact same story here... spent the afternoon messing around until I found the previous post.

Nick Gammon's tool is flawless.

http://www.gammon.com.au/bootloader

Just use the Lilypad bootloader for 8mhz internal oscillator configuration.

DW
Great stuff. I used it as well NANO to NANO. Original FTDI to CLONE CH340.
Revived the 340 instantly. Have been puzzeling for hours before I found Nick Gammon's tool.
Excellent.

Go Up