Go Down

Topic: Location of Bridge library example files (Read 441 times) previous topic - next topic

cbrucewarren

I cannot locate "bridge-example" files on my computer[or any other standard library examples, only those I have installed], yet they show up when I look in "examples" in the IDE. They are not in the root of "arduino"folder or in the "library" folder. In fact none of the standard libraryies are in the "library"folder either.

Searching with Spotlight doesn't find them: in summary, these files seem to be non-existant but they are obviously there since the Arduino IDE can find them.

any thoughts?

jessemonroy650

I cannot locate "bridge-example" files on my computer[or any other standard library examples, only those I have installed], yet they show up when I look in "examples" in the IDE. They are not in the root of "arduino"folder or in the "library" folder. In fact none of the standard libraryies are in the "library"folder either.

Searching with Spotlight doesn't find them: in summary, these files seem to be non-existant but they are obviously there since the Arduino IDE can find them.

any thoughts?
In the root directory of your IDE startup program/script is:

arduino  <== startup program/script
+examples  <== directories
+hardware
+lib
+libraries
+reference
revisions.txt <== text file

$ cd examples

01.Basics  <== directories
02.Digital
03.Analog
04.Communication
05.Control
06.Sensors
07.Display
08.Strings
09.USB
10.StarterKit
ArduinoISP

$ cd libraries

Audio  <== directories
Bridge  <===== Bridge library for the Yun.
Esplora
Ethernet
Firmata
GSM
LiquidCrystal
RobotIRremote
Robot_Control
Robot_Motor
SD
Scheduler
Servo
SpacebrewYun
Stepper
TFT
Temboo
USBHost
WiFi

Do you need more?

Jesse

ShapeShifter

I cannot locate "bridge-example" files on my computer[or any other standard library examples, only those I have installed
I think this is the key to the problem. If the libraries you installed are there, you are probably looking in your personal sketchbook folder. This is where the sketches you write are saved by default, and also where the libraries you install are placed. But this is not the folder where the Arduino system keeps its files.

As Jesse explains, find the folder where the Arduino application itself is stored. In there, you will find the folders that Jesse is referring to, and eventually you will find your desired example files.

For example, the Bridge Example files should be in <programs_folder>/Arduino/libraries/Bridge/examples/Bridge

Go Up