Go Down

Topic: 32x16 RGB LED display scan question  (Read 15112 times) previous topic - next topic

Ruud

Sep 27, 2017, 04:06 pm Last Edit: Sep 27, 2017, 08:57 pm by Ruud
Thanks a lot psghodasara and kolnier, with your code and spreadsheet I was finally able to display something readable on a cheap outdoor P10 32x16 RGB panel with 1/4 scan.
Recreating the structure of the panel must've been quite some work, nicely done!

I'd like to use the Adafruit_GFX library, but to be able to use it, RGBLEDMatrix has to be modified to use the right led/row order to match the panel structure.

It seems that RGBmatrixPanelAlternative (https://github.com/zidik/LedMatrix16x32-Alternative) might work with 1/4 scan panels, so if the transformation can be added to it, that might work.

Is there a math/byte wizard who could write a transformation function based on the layout as specified in the spreadsheet by kolnier, which can be used with RGBmatrixPanelAlternative (in drawPixel or updateDisplay?)?

Edit: I've made an overview of how the rows are constructed:

Is there a way to make this work with Adafruit_GFX or DMD maybe?

Edit2: I've probably got the logic reversed. If the row is in HEX: 0x0000000000000003 then leds  '2' and '1' of ROW 0 of the 15th byte are lit. Should the schematic point in the other direction (low bits first) ?

Ruud

Oct 02, 2017, 03:34 pm Last Edit: Oct 02, 2017, 03:40 pm by Ruud
I've modified the RGBmatrixpanel.cpp and .h to be able to use Adafruit_GFX with 1/4 scan panels now:

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=503416.0

WalidAli

I've modified the RGBmatrixpanel.cpp and .h to be able to use Adafruit_GFX with 1/4 scan panels now:

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=503416.0
That didn't work with my p10 32*32 1/4 scan panel 

still looking for a solution for this one although it worked fine with 16*32 panel from the same type.

WalidAli

Jun 01, 2018, 05:34 am Last Edit: Jun 01, 2018, 05:38 am by WalidAli
I think I have solved problem how to show correct information on P10 RGB 16x32 panels with HUB75, 1/4 scan.

Using spreadsheet from google apps I have made structure of panel. I can simply draw everything I want by setting 1 or clearing cell values.
After each change a generated part of program (blue color) is automatically updated.

Copy those 8 lines and replace equivalent in program psghodasara has published here in this forum (post #7).
Because I have Arduino Duemillanueve (eq. Uno), I had to use different pinout:

int LP = 8;            // Latch Pin
int ClkP = 12;           // Clock Pin
int R1P = 11;          // R1 Pin
int B1P = 10;          // B1 Pin
int G1P = 9;           // G1 Pin
int R2P = 7;           // R2 Pin
int B2P = 6;           // B2 Pin
int G2P = 5;           // G2 Pin
int AP = 2;            // A Pin
int BP = 3;            // B Pin
int CP = 4;            // C Pin
int OEP = 14;          // OE Pin

Spreadsheet I have made is now shared as public and open for editing, so feel free to make changes.
Only the formula fields are protected.
As a graphics overlay I have used google drawings with transparent background. It helps to draw shapes or characters from different fonts, stretch and scale them.

Here's a link to spreadsheet:  https://goo.gl/W7b4CH

Please check this to the end here...

rajpr

"I think I have solved problem how to show correct information on P10 RGB 16x32 panels with HUB75, 1/4 scan.

Using spreadsheet from google apps I have made structure of panel. I can simply draw everything I want by setting 1 or clearing cell values.
After each change a generated part of program (blue color) is automatically updated."

I did it and it works with my display but i am using two display (32x16) and i made changes in code but it not work properly so please if anyone made such code will help me

nobbplayer

Jan 15, 2020, 12:35 pm Last Edit: Jan 15, 2020, 12:58 pm by nobbplayer
sorry I don't speak English
I uploaded the files you edited
But I couldn't

"0" is wrong on the screen
16x32 1/4 scan Rgb led matris
Help me please

willep

le meme probleme.
the same probleme.

Si vous avez une solution, merci d'avance.
If you have solution , thanks in advance.

Go Up