Go Down

Topic: No way to find own posts (Read 3268 times) previous topic - next topic

BenAdamson

Hello, I posted a topic a few days ago with some questions which quickly got buried by other topics. Unfortunately there is no way to find my own posts as I can't find the topic in google, searching my username or the topic does not work. I'm posting this message here so that I have a way to view my own profile. There doesn't seem to be any way to get to my profile as there is no 'view profile' button in the user control panel. Thus the only way I can think of is to click on my username in this topic.

This is a frustrating part of the forum. There also doesn't seem any way to subscribe to a topic - which is the reason I am experiencing this problem in the first place!

CrossRoads

Click on your own name, and then Show Posts.
You only have a couple.
I understand your frustration when I try to find an older post of mine, going back 4+  years.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

fkeel

@crossroads - your method works for frequent posters... as someone who only comes here every couple of weeks or so, I'd need to dig deep to find a place to click my name.

or just click here, once I've posted this message...

would be nice if there were a link like that on my profile...

CrossRoads

Agreed fkeel. I find it a pain in the butt to locate things I've posted before.  There used to be a Search for Members link, I could search for my name there to get to my posts.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Hackscribble

your method works for frequent posters... as someone who only comes here every couple of weeks or so, I'd need to dig deep to find a place to click my name.
If you find your "show posts" page through clicking on your name, you can save it as a bookmark in your browser.  That way, you can access it whenever you want, without having first to find one of your previous messages.
Hackscribble.  Writing about making things
hackscribble@outlook.com

wildbill

You can get to show my posts through your profile. It's just confusingly hidden behind 'edit forum settings'

seanspotatobusiness

Maybe this should be fixed at some point. No rush. I'll check back in another two years...

Robin2

Maybe this should be fixed at some point. No rush. I'll check back in another two years...
What is broken?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

seanspotatobusiness

There is no way to access one's own posts like there is on almost every other modern Internet forum. Clicking on your own username is a ridiculous approach since you have to find one of your own posts first.

Delta_G

There is no way to access one's own posts like there is on almost every other modern Internet forum. Clicking on your own username is a ridiculous approach since you have to find one of your own posts first.
Going to your profile and clicking edit on your Forum Settings will take you to the same page. 
|| | ||| | || | ||  ~Woodstock

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

westfw

It's one of those "problems" that doesn't get "fixed" because it's not really a problem, and the fact that "it would be nice if it were more convenient" doesn't result in much priority.  I used the "bookmark" technique...

Robin2

Clicking on your own username is a ridiculous approach since you have to find one of your own posts first.
I agree that the system could be  better.

You can also get to your list of Posts by going to your Profile (Icon on top right of screen) and then clicking Forum Settings - Edit

Yes, I do realize that is an even more weird route - but it may help you if you can't find a Thread with one of your Posts.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

philosocrates

It's 2019 and still no real navigation on a forum full of programmers. 

Go Up