Go Down

Topic: Warning: Groups.Google Teachers Arduino (Read 2253 times) previous topic - next topic

tkbyd

Color me DUMB.

I came across a Groups.Google.com discussion group called Arduino Teachers or some-such... I am really dumb this week, it seems... I don't have the exact name. But it was certainly in the Groups.Google world.

What makes me dumb is that even though I couldn't see ANYTHING the group had been discussing, I sent a request, with my eddress, to the group moderator, asking to join. Cited my website as "credentials".

Days later got a rejection. No reason given.

So... does some spammer now have my eddress, and know that I'm interested in teaching and Arduino? How could I be so dumb? Don't make the same mistake! OF COURSE you can't POST to a site without vetting! But READ past discussions? Silly me.

Ah well.

(My website, not as a plug, but in case you want to judge if I have anything to contribute to a discussion among teachers (I taught for 20 years, I think that's mentioned at my site)...

http://sheepdogguides.com/arduino/ahttoc.htm

tkbyd

Yes... I think. Looks right. Can't be sure.

If you are going to make apologies for arduino.cc, don't bother. Spend the time telling them to reword their rejection notice, and to expedite what I would guess is automatic at the present messy moment, if the site is theirs, and not just a spam trawl.

My warning to others not to be a stupid as I was is valid whether the site I visited is a spam trawl or not.

Coding Badly

If you are going to make apologies for arduino.cc, don't bother.
Have I done something to offend you?

tkbyd

Mar 30, 2015, 11:15 pm Last Edit: Mar 30, 2015, 11:18 pm by tkbyd
If it ws you who sent, from a "no reply" eddress...

Your subscription to Teachers was not approved.
... without any explanation, after I requested to join a Groups.Google group about Aduinos and teaching... then, yes. (That was the whole message, apart from an invitation which appeared to be from Google to wander around their "help" system for general information about Google groups in general.

In my "application" to "join" the group, I cited webpages I have created and maintain all about Arduinos. Either in there, or in my "application", I mentioned teaching for 20 years. I have taught courses (in computing) at a level comparable the first year of US university.

Why are we boring the rest of the Arduino forum with this conversation? Why, if it was you, are you talking to me here, when you didn't want to talk to me at groups.google?

Re-read my post: It was a warning to forum members about being foolish when feeling warm and fuzzy because they were in Arduino-land. Not a discussion about a moderator's decision, and his/her choice of how to deliver it.

Coding Badly

If it ws you who sent, from a "no reply" eddress...
I am not, in any way, a participant of the Teachers List.

Why are we boring the rest of the Arduino forum with this conversation?
My intent is to do what I can to help you get answers.  That help and those answers would help others who follow us.  That's what a good forum moderator does.

Why, if it was you, are you talking to me here, when you didn't want to talk to me at groups.google?
I would appreciate if you would stop making rash assumptions about me.

tkbyd

I would appreciate if you would stop making rash assumptions about me.
I have sprinkled my post with *IF* IT WAS YOU in, I hope, every relevant sentence.

This forum is under the arduino.cc domain. The arduino.cc domain seemed to me to be involved in the group that you raised as one that might be the one that I feel is behaving badly, or is merely a eddress-sucking scam, hence my guess that you might make apologies for people there, and suggestion for other uses of your time, **IF* you thought I might be interested in excuses.

And I remain unconvinced that this is the place for this discussion. I hope that I am reachable by PM to anyone who has a view... apologies if I have the security settings wrong. I would welcome messages from anyone who feels Coding has reason for feeling I have made a rash assumption about him. I need to know that. Whether anyone else would want to read your thoughts about that... cc Coding, if you want to reassure him?... I can't see, hence the suggestion for a PM.

I will be away from internet access until late on Wednesday, so apologies in advance for not replying "internet-promptly", if there are any further matters arising.

Go Up