Go Down

Topic: My official Arduino isn't recognized by IDE 1.6.2 (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

professorpancake21

I recently got an Arduino Uno, and I made sure it is real. At first, all was fine with the software and my Arduino, but after a day or two an error message popped up saying my board isn't official.

This is the error message:
"This board comes from an uncertified manufacturer. We won't be able to provide any support if it doesn't work as expected."

Plus, my Arduino used to have 32,256 KB of memory. Now it's just 2KB!

What do I do?

Thank you very much!

Coding Badly

This is the error message:
Error or warning?

Plus, my Arduino used to have 32,256 KB of memory. Now it's just 2KB!
Huh?

professorpancake21

@CodingBadly: It's a warning, and when I was uploading a program, there is a black window that used to say "Max: 32,256 bytes" and now it says "Max: 2,048 bytes". My bad; I meant to say bytes, not kilobytes.

professorpancake21

One strange thing about my Arduino Uno is that it the back is exactly the same as the one on this official Arduino website, but it has "ARDUINO.ORG" written instead of "ARDUINO.CC"

I've watched countless tutorials and videos that identify between a real and a fake Uno.

Coding Badly

The warning is because of a split between the Arduino founders.  Other than choosing a side, you can ignore it.

The other is a message about the maximum amount of SRAM available.  If you scroll the status window up a bit you should see a message about the maximum amount of Flash available.

professorpancake21

Thanks for your help! I have another question: how do I install the driver on a public computer? Plugging in my Arduino doesn't do anything, and I don't have access to Control Panel or any system folders. I am trying to use Arduino software run from my USB and codebender.cc, but they cannot detect my Arduino.

At home, it works fine because I could manually install the driver.

Coding Badly

I have no idea.  I suggest you contact the people at codebender.cc.

Go Up