Go Down

Topic: Mac os x 10.10 avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding (Read 2697 times) previous topic - next topic

aplodusken

Hi! I've now tried everything, uninstalled and installed the FTDI driver at least 10 times and disabled and enabled the original driver the same amount of times. Followed a number of different solutions on various blogs but nothing is working.
Every time i try to upload a sketch I to either UNO or Nano boards via the USB interface I get the same message.

Using Port : /dev/cu.usbmodem1421
Using Programmer : arduino
Overriding Baud Rate : 115200
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

I've also tried different versions of the Arduino IDE 1.6.3 to 1.0.5.
It's the same thing on both my Macs. One is on Mac OS X 10.09.x the other on Mac OS X 10.10.x.
I can upload sketches if I us my ArduinoISP module but if I have a shield on I have to take that of and put it back on again. And then I can't use the serial port for debugging.
THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!!! And it's doing my head in!

There seem to be a lot of people having the same problem!
Is there a solution that works???

johnwasser

uninstalled and installed the FTDI driver at least 10 times
The Arduino UNO doesn't use an FTDI driver, just the Nano.

I can upload sketches if I us my ArduinoISP module
Once you Upload Using Programmer you can't use the bootloader to upload sketches until you burn a fresh bootloader.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp
See who has no social life: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=stats :)

aplodusken

Thanks, you're the best!

I thought I had to upload the new bootloader via USB(I've tried at least 20 times) but that didn't work, got the same error message. So I now tried with the programmer and now it's working. At least the UNO I'm going to try the Nano later.

You made my day. Thanks again!

It's hard being a newbie, but we learn by our mistakes and good support ;^)

//Micke

wilderbuchanan

Hi I was having the same issue and tried uploading with Programmer yet i continue to get the same error (screenshot attached)
Thanks,
Wilder

Go Up