Go Down

Topic: avr-g++: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory with 1.6.3 (Read 5751 times) previous topic - next topic

nolt

I have been using my Arduino for a few years with no problems.  I put 1.6.3 on this weekend and now get avr-g++: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory.

I've looked thought many posts giving ways to get past this error. Nothing has worked.

Also, I have rebooted, removed 1.6.3 and reinstalled, and gone back to 1.6.1.  I continue to get the same error.

Any ideas?

bpayen

Hello,

I just faced this problem 5 minutes ago (Pc under Win 7.... usual month "PC cleaning" activity this morning....and problem this evening...as usual...:{)

I solved it as simply as :
* uninstall the arduino software
* wiped out the  "arduino" folder
* reinstall Arduino software (1.6.3 for me)

It worked for me....so...maybe for you or somebody else fa├žing this reccuring problem

johnwasser

Turn on verbose compile logging (in Preferences).  Perhaps that will get you a message that says what program it was trying to run when the CreateProcess failed.

What Arduino board are you building for?
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp

hardcover57

I'm also experiencing this. Trying to run " Blink" from examples. Running VISTA,  UNO R3, MKII, com 4 (listing the hardware), verbose for compile from preferences, and re downloaded 3 times. Still same error message.

BabyGeezer

apologies for the necromancy, but i have read practically every thread on the Search results page on this subject (and even a few *outside* the Arduino.cc site) and i believe i have covered all the "usual tricks".

this all started with trying to upload to a breadboard ATmega328 via CH340G USB-to-TTL converter which is still unresolved on another topic.

this is NOT cross-posting, because it is a NEW issue.

in searching for solutions to the previous topic, i came across a comment that "issues with Serial communications improved a lot with Arduino IDE v.1.5.X and up."

SO;
leaving my older laptop (on Win XP) with Arduino 1.0.5 which works FINE otherwise, i proceeded to install a newer Arduino IDE on *another* laptop (running Vista).

i tried 1.6.7 with the installation package, and also 1.6.2 on a ZIP file and extracted manually.

1) i can confirm it is NOT the "usual culprit" of Environment Variable and that "echo %GCC_EXEC_PREFIX%" results in NO path displaying.

2) there was a suggestion of "cleaning out Java" using JavaRa - i have since uninstalled Java totally - to no avail.

3a) i can confirm that avr-g++.exe is infact in the correct directory of ;
Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin

3b) when using the manual extraction of the ZIP, this was not there (in the base directory, [where it should be according to a CodingBadly post on Mar 03,2010] ) but was in the %APPDATA% folder.

reading another thread that mentioned "A bunch of people have had IDE 1.6.x problems when they have an old 1.5.x/1.6.x installation... bizarre compile errors... caused by out-of-date executables that the new IDE saves outside the IDE installation directory."

i eventually decided to just install the latest version, based on my experience with 3b) above - by using the installation package.

i uninstalled the old Arduino - deleted *EVERYTHING* in the %APPDATA% (several versions in 'Local' and 'Roaming') and downloaded the 1.8.5.exe

i RESTARTED windows, ran the 1.8.5.exe - and RESTARTED windows *again* !

now... i started Arduino...
loaded Blink.ino and attempted to Upload it to an original Uno.

SAME ERROR !! :(

here is the error message - Verbose compile AND upload;
Code: [Select]
C:\Program Files\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware -tools C:\Program Files\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\New\ArduinoREboot\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -vid-pid=0X2341_0X0043 -ide-version=10805 -build-path C:\Users\{xxx}\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_492106 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\{xxx}\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_435802 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -verbose C:\Users\{xxx}\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_456065\Blink.ino
C:\Program Files\Arduino\arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware -tools C:\Program Files\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\New\ArduinoREboot\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -vid-pid=0X2341_0X0043 -ide-version=10805 -build-path C:\Users\{xxx}\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_492106 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\{xxx}\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_435802 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -verbose C:\Users\{xxx}\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_456065\Blink.ino
Using board 'uno' from platform in folder: C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr
Using core 'arduino' from platform in folder: C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr
Detecting libraries used...
C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics  -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10805 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR   "-IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" "-IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard" "C:\Users\{xxx}\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_492106\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp" -o "nul"
Generating function prototypes...
C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics  -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10805 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR   "-IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" "-IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard" "C:\Users\{xxx}\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_492106\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp" -o "C:\Users\{xxx}\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_492106\preproc\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
avr-g++: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

i noticed that there were some forward slashes and some back-slashes in the paths above, does that make a difference ?

is the core of this issue, a Windows problem for avr-g++ ?

i had added "%ProgramFiles%\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin" to the path in the Environmental Variables thinking it was a PATH issue - but that didn't change anything.

any ideas on what else i can do now ?

Thanks...

EDIT:
FWIW : the folder in %APPDATA% is named "Arduino15"
Attach your images to be viewed directly - THIS WAY;
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=519037.0

Go Up