Go Down

Topic: Use Arduino Uno with iPad Air 2? (Read 2066 times) previous topic - next topic

encryptor

Apr 19, 2015, 02:29 pm Last Edit: Apr 19, 2015, 02:29 pm by encryptor
Can I program and upload code from my iPad Air 2 to the Arduino Uno?

johnwasser

You can use Codebender.cc with a web browser to develop Arduino sketches but I don't think there is a way to upload sketches from the iPad to the Arduino.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp

encryptor

Thanks for your input.  I believe I have a realistic solution since data can be transferred thru the iPad's lightning port.  I have a 4 port USB hub power with 2Amps.  What if I plug the USB-lightning cable from hub to iPad.  Then a A-B cable from hub to Arduino.  If I can install the Arduino development app for MAC on my iPad that's half the battle.  Then if my iPad can see the Arduino thru the hub I'd be in luck.

olf2012

This will not work for two reasons:
you cannot install Mac Software onto an iPad.
you cannot connect both the iPad an the Arduino to the hub for communication. They are both on "downstream" ports and can not even see each other even if you had communications software

encryptor

I can understand the first point.  The compiler would need to be an app to install.  I thought when I read the lightning port can sync & charge, it meant that can transfer files from a usb stick or another Mac to the iPad.

Go Up