Go Down

Topic: Typo (Read 4058 times) previous topic - next topic

Coding Badly

What would I do if I have some code that I think makes a good example for how to do something?  I made a program that will give you much more random numbers.
...posting a description of all the various I2C backpacks.
Allow me to introduce you and @bobdabiulder to... Exhibition / Gallery

Robin2

Apr 29, 2015, 10:26 am Last Edit: Apr 29, 2015, 10:27 am by Robin2
Allow me to introduce you and @bobdabiulder to... Exhibition / Gallery
I think it suffers from the same problem that @Paul_B identified - but it starts in an even more obscure place :)

Except that unless it is made a "sticky", it runs off and gets lost.
Yes, well...
Where can you put something where that WON'T happen?
If you start your own website and post it there (like, for example, Nick Gammon) the problem is that nobody knows to look there unless someone tells them.

And nobody reads the Stickies anyway.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Paul__B

And nobody reads the Stickies anyway.
You mean the one entitled "How to use this forum - please read."?

The problem is the mind-set of those who come with a sense of urgency.  They don't want to know how to use the forum - they know what their problem is; they just want an answer!

Stickies with a clearly explanatory title (the only limitation) should be quite useful.

Robin2

May 02, 2015, 03:42 pm Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 03:44 pm by Robin2
Stickies with a clearly explanatory title (the only limitation) should be quite useful.
It does not get much clearer than "How to use ..."

Although, now that you mention it, maybe a better title would be "How to get advice quickly"

Somebody has been kind enough to elevate a few of my Threads to "sticky" status and I get the impression they are ignored just as assiduously by people who might benefit.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

pert

That is great for the standard libraries, but what about the hardware libraries here:
http://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/Libraries
I don't see them in the Github site. I know of one that needs an update.
+1 there are many improvements the Arduino community could make to the Libraries reference pages. Please consider this mastrolinux. Thanks for putting the Language reference on Github!

Go Up