Go Down

Topic: [SOLVED]Ubuntu V15.04 Save As selection crashes IDE (Read 9129 times) previous topic - next topic

agilus

No, it's arduino ide 1.6.4 64bit from the arduino website. Any idea?

SurferTim

May 09, 2015, 03:24 pm Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:26 pm by SurferTim
How are you starting the IDE? It runs ok if you remove the added line? What does the command terminal show when you run the IDE from it? Open a terminal, navigate to the directory where you unpacked the IDE, then run it.
Code: [Select]
./arduino
Does it show that it is picking up the JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS?

edeit: I have IDE v1.6.4 downloaded, and it runs fine with the added line.

agilus

I start it with Krusader. The ubuntu file manager wont start it (see my entry above).

Yes, without the edit line it runs fine. no ubuntu system crash. But still the crash of arduino when saving a file.

When I run the modded file terminal says:

PICKED UP JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -javaagent:/usr/share/java/jayatanaag.jar

When I run the original file it says:

PICKED UP JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS:

SurferTim

Are you certain that is correct? Mine is backwards. When I run the modded file, the terminal says:
PICKED UP JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS:
When I run the original file it says:
PICKED UP JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -javaagent:/usr/share/java/jayatanaag.jar

agilus

Sry, it is you said.

However there is still the system crash.

SurferTim

No system crash here. Still working with the edited files.

SurferTim

I just received an email from the developer's list that the fix has been implemented to the Arduino's Linux shell script.
https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/3081

rabBi7

Regarding location of the file; if you enter
Code: [Select]
vi $(which arduino) to a terminal (or gedit, nano, or whatever instead of vi) it will find the one you actually use!
To add to this. If you are having trouble finding the file like I had. Type "sudo dpkg -L arduino" and all the files that are owned by arduino will be printed.

The arduino file is located here "/usr/bin/arduino" (for those who installed it with the Ubuntu package manager).

SurferTim

I do not recommend using the Ubuntu package manager to install the Arduino IDE. It never has the current IDE version, and I have found their versions to be a bit buggy. I download my versions from the Arduino website.

jean_bruder

I do not recommend using the Ubuntu package manager to install the Arduino IDE. It never has the current IDE version, and I have found their versions to be a bit buggy. I download my versions from the Arduino website.

Hi guys,

I'd like to know if somebody knows if some PPA repository could exist with the last version of the Arduino IDE, because I can't find any PPA including the latest version (1.6.4 right now) ?

This could help people to have always the latests development tools, which would help in hardware compatibility for example (I just expect to play with my new ESP8266 board, but have to upgrade manually the version of the IDE installed with the apt-get tools, which is really old : 1.0.5 ...).

Many thanks in advance,
Jean

SurferTim

Why not just download and unpack the latest version from this website?

grizz3000

The file edit worked for me.  Thanks!  Ugh, Vi, I don't miss those days, not one bit. :)

Go Up