Go Down

Topic: Issues uploading sketches (Read 475 times) previous topic - next topic

legonick22

Apr 28, 2015, 04:03 pm Last Edit: Apr 28, 2015, 04:56 pm by legonick22
I recently uploaded a sketch using Nick's hex_uploader tool onto a breadboard 1284p that used the MISO and SCK pins of the 1284.

It seems that the tool no longer recognizes the 1284. Sometimes, it says to 'double check wiring', other times, I get this:
Code: [Select]
--------- Starting ---------

Attempting to enter programming mode ............................................
Entered programming mode OK.
Signature = 0x53 0x53 0x53
Unrecogized signature.
LFuse = 0x53
HFuse = 0x53
EFuse = 0x53
Lock byte = 0x53
Clock calibration = 0x53
Halted.

I've checked my wiring, tried reset shenanigans, etc. What should I do?

EDIT: The sketch uploaded on the chip works fine, I just cannot get the hex_uploader to produce a valid signature.

EDIT2: I replaced the 1284 with my old 324, and I experience the same issue. Will double-check wiring once again.
My mother said I could be anything I wanted. But I don't want to be anything I wanted. I want to be an engineer!

DrAzzy

Is there any chance that you've set the fuses to something inappropriate? Like maybe set to use crystal when you don't have an external crystal connected?
ATTinyCore for x4/x5/x61/x7/x8/x41/1634/828/x313 megaTinyCore for the megaavr ATtinies - Board Manager:
http://drazzy.com/package_drazzy.com_index.json
ATtiny breakouts, mosfets, awesome prototyping board in my store http://tindie.com/stores/DrAzzy

legonick22

Why would both my 1284p and my 324p both have innapropriate fuses? I get the same error with both.
My mother said I could be anything I wanted. But I don't want to be anything I wanted. I want to be an engineer!

CrossRoads

Show us how things are wired up.
I suspect an error in the Reset wiring.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up