Go Down

Topic: IDE 1.6.4 is now available for download (Read 29368 times) previous topic - next topic

sveinutne

May 20, 2015, 08:48 pm Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 08:51 pm by sveinutne
This is a print screen from the comand window

bryan_withypool

So it installed fine but there is no longer an EEPROM library so all the code I have that uses EEPROM no longer works.

bryan_withypool

So I've spent a frustrating two hours trying to get a library I've been developing to compile on this version but the compile process just hangs half way through.

I've uninstalled in and re-installed 1.6.3 and it now compiles properly again ... or to be more precise I'm now getting errors

bryan_withypool

So I've spent a frustrating two hours trying to get a library I've been developing to compile on this version but the compile process just hangs half way through.

I've uninstalled in and re-installed 1.6.3 and it now compiles properly again ... or to be more precise I'm now getting errors
OOps, to clarify - I get compile errors with 1.6.3 because my library has some bugs that need fixing. If I try and compile it with 1.6.4 the compile process hangs and I get nothing.

sveinutne

I gave up my laptop until I get some clear advice on hove to solve the problem. Took and old laptop with Windows Vista Home premium, and the installation of IDE 1.6.4 went fine. No I get error massage that this PC does not have drivers for USB 2.0 as the arduino uno card requires. The PC had not been on net for 5 years, so I got 33 upgrades I had to go through but still no driver support for USB 2.0?
I turned the pc on today to see if it downloads a bunch of new upgrades today.
Is there a place I can dowload the spesific driver for USB 2.0 that is needed to connect to arduino?

federicofissore

sveinutne, get your laptop back and delete folders

c:\users\Svein\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam
c:\users\Svein\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\staging

Then reopen the IDE and reinstall SAM core

sveinutne

May 22, 2015, 11:04 am Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 11:19 am by sveinutne
Thank you Fedrico. I could not find C:\users\Svein\AppData in the grafical part of Windows, but when I entered the comand window with C:\ prompt I got a very different directory structure, and there I could find the directories.
I will delete the files, but in dos rd requier that the directory is empty, and to go into hundresd of directories to delete files to be able to dele the directory will take many hours. I have started, but now I need a coffee break. In unix it was something like a -r option that removed recursive so you did not have to go into every directory and delet every file. Is that possible in dos?
Found it: rd /s sam
Thanks now it came up ...very good! Thanks so much. :-)

dog_martin

Hi to all!

I've installed IDE 1.6.4 the first time at all on my MacBook Pro using OS X 10.9.5.

Immediately after starting Arduino IDE, my MacBook Pro switches to dedicated Graphics Card (AMD Radeon HD 6770M) which drains battery power much faster instead of using the integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000.

I'm quite sure this isn't necessary and might be a bug, is it?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
 :smiley-mr-green:
dog martin

federicofissore

dog_martin first time I read of such a thing. Can you describe what's happening, how this automatic switch works and what might be the cause? Sure it's not the IDE asking your computer to do so, not deliberately at least

dog_martin

Hi Frederico,

some MacBook Pro have dual gpu. Mainly to save battery power the weaker onboard cpu integrated gpu is used. When software needs more graphics power, the OS is capable of switching to the more powerful dedicated graphics card without restarting or any kind of interrupting.

This is what Apple suggests:
Allowing OpenGL applications to utilize the integrated GPU

You really never heard of that feature?

:smiley-mr-green:
dog martin

federicofissore

I did, but I though users were in control of the switch

federicofissore

Found this https://bitbucket.org/infinitekind/appbundler/pull-request/6/add-support-for/diff: it looks like we can do something about it
Opened issue https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/3210
Thanks!

federicofissore

The issue has been closed and the next hourly build will contain a fix. Check http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software#hourly in the next few hours

dog_martin

May 22, 2015, 06:57 pm Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 06:58 pm by dog_martin
Hi Frederico,

thanks a lot for being that speedy, but I'm not sure if that solves the problem.
I had a quick look at the Info.plist of the current version 1.6.4.
The property "Supports Automatic Graphics Switching" already exists...
(see attachment)

federicofissore

Indeed: I missed that flag default to "true". I'm stuck then, any advice is appreciated

Go Up