NEWER New Optiboot bootloader

Hi all,

So I have an ATmega328pb dev board and I have been struggling from quite a long time to start programming it. I am wanting to upload the bootloader but getting errors every time. Also I went through so many posts regarding the same, tried things, but to no avail. I will be really grateful if someone could guide me as to where am I going wrong.

I have an Arduino Uno and an ATmega328pb dev board. I am trying to burn the bootloader onto the dev board using Arduino as ISP. I am using Arduino IDE version 1.8.12 (just upgraded from 1.8.3 two days back) and avrdude version is 6.3. Also the 328pb dev board doesn’t have any external crystal/ resonator attached with it, so I am working with its internal clock only. I began with MiniCore, could install the board successfully. But somehow I couldn’t upload the bootloader using Arduino ISP pins. Currently I am using the package provided by WAtterott (GitHub - watterott/ATmega328PB-Testing: Atmel/Microchip ATmega328PB support for Arduino IDE). Everything seems good here, got the board initialized and getting detected by avrdude. But still not able to burn the bootloader.

I am attaching a document regarding the things i have tried and the errors i am getting.

Thanks!

forum_post1.pdf (475 KB)