Go Down

Topic: IS it possible to connect an arduino to mysql ?  (Read 757 times) previous topic - next topic

achraf-achraf

hello , i'm using an arduino uno and i would like to know if it is possible to connect my arduino to a mysql database ? i would like to save the data i get from the arduino to mysql database ? thank you

PaulS

There is a library that allows the Arduino with ethernet shield to talk directly to a MySQL database.

But, the more usual way is to create PHP script that talk to the database, and call those scripts from an Arduino-as-client sketch when the Arduino has an ethernet shield.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

achraf-achraf

how can i call the php scripts from the arduino ?

Delta_G

Try this fancy web service

That 3rd link on the list looks like it might be a gold mine.
|| | ||| | || | ||  ~Woodstock

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

Robin2

If you just want to connect the Arduino to the PC over the USB connection you could write a PC program in Python to listen for the Arduino data and save it to the database. This Python demo could be used as a starting point. There is a simple Python library called PeeWee that is worth considering.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up